Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - Don't ever let go.

Saturday morning ...

I wake up to someone screaming my name and shaking my shoulders. I open one eye noticing its Grant. I groan rolling back over and pull my blanket over my head to block out his voice.

" SADIE! WAKE UP SOMEONE IS AT THE DOOR ASKING FOR YOU!" 

I pull my blanket back, reach over and take my phone off the charger to check what time it is.
7:13 AM.

Mmm, no this clock must be mistaken.
I look up at Grant and ask " What time is it?"

He snatches the phone out of my hand and hits the home button.
"7:14AM, Sadie, now get up you're going to keep them waiting"

Them? Oh gosh who would want to come over at 7 o'clock in the morning?! And yes I am still on this subject because I need my beauty sleep!

I turn roll over in my bed, stuffing my face in my pillow and scream loudly. WHYYY.

Getting out of my bed, I feel like I look decent, last night after coming upstairs, changing into black Hollister sweatpants, and a black ' I <3 CA ' hoodie. Except the only downfall is I didn't brush my hair and it is now tangle and in unattractive waves from my braids I did on Thursday night.

I pad down the stairs, very slowly, my eyes half closed.

When I get to the front door I see, Sienna, August, Madeline, and Lydia.

I give them a cold glare before slamming the door in their overly happy faces. WHY ARE THEY SO HAPPY AT THIS TIME OF DAY.
Geez you mess with my sleep and you get a cranky Sadie.

Someone bangs on the door repeatedly, someone else joins in with the banging, but making a beat with it. I start dancing in circles. What? I can't resist to dance when there's a beat. I open the door catching Madeline and Sienna the closest to the door.

Sienna was definitely making the beat because Madeline has NO rhythm.

I open my door wider, inviting them in.

" May I help you? I was sleeping. Do you even know what time it is?"

Madeline looks at me with an appalled look.
" You don't want us here?! That hurts right here " She pats her heart with her right hand, wiping away a fake tear with her left.

"Seriously, what's good? You came here for a reason."

August comes forward standing right in front of me. " I saw Luke today. And he told me to give you this "
He reaches into his back pocket, taking out a sheet of notebook paper. August hands it over to me, motioning me with his to read it.
I open it up and start to read it.

Sadie, I don't have your number and I don't know where you live, and when I saw August I had to give it to him because I need to ask you something, coming from me. So ... Will you come to the football game with me? I have a jersey you could wear. It just would mean a lot to me if you came. Anyways this is getting too long. K bye. x
                                                  - Emerson

I fold the paper up, sticking it into my back pocket, and look up at my anxiously waiting friends.

" So... What did it say?" August asks

" He gave it to you, if you were curious why didn't you just read it?" I roll my eyes.

" I could have read it?!"

" No, I would have kidnapped you, and shipped you off to Russia." I say, walking into my kitchen, my friends right on my heel.