Chapter 15

Chapter 15- Stop trying to seduce me

Luke's dad.. Thats the only thing on my mind right now. How could I not have noticed? Am I that oblivious to see that no one talked about him in their house? Or that there wasn't a grill outside. I mean yeah, Audrey may can grill, but that's usually what dads do. That's beside the point. Luke opening up to me is a big deal. Why would he do that? Has he told Molly about his dad? I wonder how Zach feels about his dad. Who cares about Zach right now, Luke was hurting, crying right in front of me. Each tear that fell from his beautiful eyes broke my heart each time.

I lift my head up off of a soft surface. The pain I have in my neck right now is unbearable. Opening my eyes, I then discover what I was laying on, or rather who.

Luke is quietly snoring underneath to me.

Then last nights occurrences all come back to me.

I sat on Luke's lap trying to comfort him, trying to be closer to him in any possible way. After, there was complete silence. Not awkward silence. No, there is never awkward silence with Luke. I guess we fell asleep. Being emotionally drained can make you tired. Not just for a day either, it can last forever until something or someone can fill that void and make you feel alive again.

That's how it was after my parents passed away. I was empty. I didn't know what to do. Then I had to move into a strangers house. Yeah, I have Grant with me. And no words can describe how lucky I am to have him as a brother, but I needed something else to make me happy again. And that something was Luke. Even though I've had a crush on him forever, it never compares to the happiness he gives me now that we are actually talking.

I mean yeah I am with Zach, and Zach does make me happy, to an extant. He will never be Luke though. No one can ever compare to how Luke makes me feel. Although he will never find out how I feel about him because we just aren't suppose to happen. He's had plenty of chances to do something with me, ask me out, break up with Molly even, but he hasn't because he doesn't like me. Thinking about that breaks my heart. A lot, actually.

Luke stirs from underneath me and I move over to get off of him, but he just wraps his arms tighter around my waist.

I smile down at him as he opens his green eyes that I love so much. " Morning sleeping beauty ."

He cracks a beautiful smile, " I think that's my line."

I childishly stick my tongue out, making us both laugh.

Luke's about to say something when someone's phone rings.

Luke stares up at me and nods towards my back pocket.

Oh, it's mine. Great way to ruin this semi moment we were having.

I shift my weight off of Luke and sit beside him, whilst he too sits up and dusts sand off of his shirt while I pull out my phone.

I look at the name appearing on my phone and sigh, but decide that I have to answer it.

Clicking the answer button, I am immediately greeted with yelling.

" Sadie where the hell are you?! We've been worried all night! Luke too! Do you know where he is? Fuck, seriously get home before my mother seriously has a heart attack. We'll just have to keep calling Luke if he doesn't come home soon."

With that Zach hangs up and I stare down at my phone in astonishment.

Luke waves his hand in front of my face. An act that he seems to do a lot to me.

I look up and gaze into his eyes.

" Who was that?"

I glance down at my phone, then back at him.