Chapter 8

Sadie and Madeline's dresses. (:

A/N

I had a really rough time thinking of what to do for this.

I hope y'all enjoy it and thank you for being here for me through this journey.  (:

Don't forget to COMMENT, FAVORITE, VOTE.

-----------------------------------------
Chapter 8- Madeline is having sex with Luke Emerson?!

My clothes were no where to be found. How my clothes magically disappeared, I have no idea. My guess would be Molly. Why would she tell me to go skinny dipping, then all of the sudden my clothes were missing. What did she think, that I would come back naked? No thanks!

When we swam back to the other side of the lake I slid on my shorts and t-shirt I had left there. Ha Molly take that.

Everyone was currently walking through the forest back to Madeline's house when all of the sudden thunder booms in the sky. I look up and see bright flashing lights in the sky. Great, there's a storm. It starts raining hard. Lydia starts screaming, and takes off into a run to get to Madeline's house faster.

" Running gets you more wet! " August calls out to her.

She doesn't hear him and keeps running off till we can no longer find her in the darkness.

My shoulders slump and I walk even slower from the rain hitting me.

I look up and see Luke wrapping his arm around Molly to try to keep her from the rain.

Seriously?! It's rain! We just got done swimming in the lake people!

Molly scoots closer to Luke, then looks back at me as if she wants me to see what's happening between the two of them.

If only I cared.

Jayden and Madeline are walking together and I hear him ask " Your parents don't mind that we're staying the night on a school night ?"

Madeline scoffs " What parents? They're not even home! They're on a business trip till Thursday. "

Jayden smiles. " Oh. Okay "

Once we get to the back door, everyone walks inside, while I linger outside and sit in a chair under the awning. I'm there by myself for about fifteen minutes, until I hear the back door creak open.

" Sadie? Why are you out here alone?"

I turn my head around and see Luke walking towards me and sit down on the chair next to me.

I turn my head away and stare at the trickling of the rain.

" I love when it rains.  It reminds me of
my mom and dad. They use to sit with Grant and I in the backyard and just listen to the sound. It's so peaceful."

Luke nods his head.

" I get it. I love it too. My dad loved the rain as well. He said he loved listening to the pattern it plays when it hits the ground. " He stops talking for a couple minutes letting the words we just shared run through our thoughts before he looks over at me with a small smile playing on his lips. " I could stay out here forever. " He takes a pause, looking back at the rain. Then says quietly " With you."

I press my lips in a thin line.

"Why?" I say knitting my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Why what?"

I look at him seriously. " Why do you always say nice things to me, then start being a jerk a few seconds later."

He shakes his head as if remembering who he was talking to. His smile is taken over by a blank expression.