Why not? Pt 1 - Kavi (oneshot)

Kirstin's POV

'And thank you Michigan for an amazing night,' ends Scott. This is our last performance of our North American tour. We all add, 'Thank you' or 'Love you guys'. Being on tour can be so stressful. I'm so glad we don't have a meet and greet later, because I just wanna sleep. I yawn loudly as we walk off stage.

'Hey, sleepyhead,' says Avi. He looks just as tired as I do, except sweatier.

'Hey.'

'You alright?'

'Yeah,'I sigh. A piece of my blonde hair falls out of one of my curls and partially blocks my vision. I attempt to blow it out of the way but I fail. I laugh at myself.

'Here, I'll do it,' speaks up Avi, noticing my struggle. He delicately brushes it back but doesn't let go. I stare deep into his dreamy, sea-foam green eyes, searching for a hope that he likes me. Yep, you heard me, likes me. I've had a tiny...okay huge crush on him since he put the mistletoe over my head at Christmas. I know it was just a friendly gesture because I'd recently broken up with Jeremy. But that was 7 months ago, I need to move on.

'Thanks,' I awkwardly step back and look away. Mitch just happens to look at me and I roll my eyes. He knows I have a crush on Avi but he says we shouldn't be together until we're absolutely sure we can make it work. I don't want to ruin all of our careers because of a stupid crush that makes me feels like I'm in middle school again. He smiles at me. Shit, time for an interrogation.

I give my mic back to the tech guy and walk to my changing room, avoiding Mitch. I wipe off my make up and stare at myself in the mirror. What made Jeremy leave? What's wrong with me? I have a stable career, a good home, and friends and family that love me. What is it that Jeremy can see that I cannot? I tear let a slip from my eye.

'No,'I say out loud,' Kirstin Taylor Maldonado, stop thinking about Jeremy. It'll do no good.'

A knock on the door startles me.

Avi's POV

I watch Kirstie walk away and admire her beautiful body. I stare at the door that she just left. Kevin walks over and lightly punches my shoulder. Everyone, except for Kirstie, knows about my crush. I'm actually surprised that Mitch or Scott hasn't told her yet.

'Hi, Kev.'

'Hey,'he says smirking,'so, Kirstie is still in your head, then?'

'Yeah,'I say,' I can't stop thinking about her.' I hear a small scream from Mitch. I look over at him and he's on his phone. He clears his throat. Oh great, here comes the speech.

'Okay, queens, we're going to a club tonight!' Scott asks,

'Where?'

'At a club,' Mitch sasses,' it's not too far from here.' Scott takes the phone and says,

'Yeah, we should go. We can walk there.'

'No, mama does not walk to clubs. She arrives in limos.' He's such a queen.

We agree to go, by a cab, and Scott says I should go tell Kirstie. My legs carry me as I'm too occupied preparing what to say to her. I decide to just wing it. I knock on her door and I hear footsteps. She opens the door and she looks beautiful without makeup, just the way I like it. I explain to her that we're going out.

'I don't really feel like going,'she says.

'Why?'

'Im just tired,'she answers. I know she's lying though.

'Whats wrong?'

'Nothing.'

'Kirstin,' I warn her. She grabs my wrist and pulls me in.