Field 1- Chapter 4

"What's that?" Steven asked. A papery, off-white wallpaper had peeled away to show a strange panel.

"Something's weird here," Marcus said. The wall instantly retextured itself and blended with the wallpaper.

"I don't think weird fully explains this," Karin said, reaching up and running her hand over where the edge was. Now it was a flat surface.

Scuttering noises were heard behind the walls, before four panels opened.

"I don't want to keep going," Karin said. Looking at the open spaces, each containing a sword with a coloured gem in the handle.

"You've got to be kidding me," Lynda said. Taking the sword with the green gem into her hand.

"What are we doing with these?" Steven asked.

"Isn't it obvious? We're going to be fighting something," Marcus replied. Grabbing his and scowling at it.

"Let's hope it's an easy fight," Lynda said, lightly swinging the sword to get a feel for it.

"Have you used a sword before?" Steven asked. Looking over to her.

"Me? No this is the first one I've held," Lynda replied, holding it in both hands.

"Oh, it just looked like... nevermind," he said. Turning to look at Karin.

"I can't believe we're doing this," Karin said. Taking the sword into both of her hands and holding it in front of her.

A door slid up, revealing a long hallway. There were eight, giant spiders, four times their size, resting idly inside different sections.

"Let's hope they don't harm unless harmed, follow me," Steven said.

"There's no better options," Karin said. They followed Steven, taking slow steps along the furthest wall from the first behemoth and heading towards the line with the label section two clearly printed on it.

About a quarter of the way through the first section, the spider's eyes opened and glared down the four.

"Don't move..." Karin whispered.

They froze the spider shifted just to look towards Steven. It lunged at him and he held out his sword defensively.

The head was sliced in half as the spider rammed into him.

"Steven!" Karin shouted. Pulling the bleeding giant off of him with the help of Marcus.

"Are you okay?" Lynda asked, he stood up, brushing himself off, small splatters of blood were on his jacket.

"So they stick to their sections I suppose? Maybe the second will be dumb enough to lunge again," Marcus said, staring at the next one.

"You can lead then," Steven said. "Aw and I think these were the only jackets we get."

"Okay, I guess..." Marcus said, hesitating and not stepping over the line.

"Whatever, let's just go as quick as we can," Lynda said. Running right at the second behemoth, startling it as it rose. She swung the sword and it decapitated the spider as she took a few steps away before turning to run the other way, just incase.

"Pure insane," Steven said. "But you have a whole lot of courage that I don't think anyone will ever have."

"I call it being fed up, let's just keep going, I'll get the next one because it went so quick," she said. They followed her to the edge and as she ran out the behemoth dodged her and she was stuck between the spider and the wall.