Field 6- Chapter 7

"So that's it for your tour! Zipster and Ezzy should be able to get you guys some beds as soon as Tylor has everything mapped out and the security servers down, he's crazy good at that stuff," Lynda explained.

"Is there a chance he was a scientist that they put down here to monitor you guys?" Preston asked. Griffin tried to stay calm, he knew there was a chance that Preston knew or suspected him. And at that moment Griffin was trying not to freak out. He didn't have any sort of weapons and these guys had access to lasers. He couldn't get discovered, it would put probably his whole life in danger.

"Not as far as we know, he came from a Project like the rest of us. Project Telepathy, as you already knew, and if he were he probably would've ratted us out already, we've been costing them quite a bit. And Circuit... er... Rob told us that-" Lynda stated.

"Hey Lynda! Come check this out!" Mabel's voice shouted as she peeked into the room. The other three followed after but Griffin sat on one of the beds with his head in his hands.

Two of them were... leaving? They could get caught like that! Wait... shutting off security systems... Circuit was supposed to stop things like that! He was the only one who could! Griffin knew that the first thing he would do when he got out of there would be demanding Curcuit out of the walls and erasing everything from him. Even the commands and code they put in him.

The door opened and as Griffin looked up that was exactly who he saw.

Rob soundlessly shut the door behind himself and sat across the room facing him.

"I know you're going through a lot. A lot of stress, worry, a crap ton of fear, and you probably are pretty mad too. At the Field, at me, at yourself maybe? And probably the company a bit. Mainly me though I'd think. I know who you are, Griffin," he said.

"So what? You haven't ratted me out, what happened to your code you shouldn't know who you are," Griffin replied, progressively getting more and more furious.

"Well. You're one of us now. You went through a Field, you escaped your Project. You can be one of us. Well... them. They all want to get out there, to be truly free, to live in full freedom," Rob explained. Hope in his eyes... eye. Griffin chuckled softly at that comment.

"Look, we're working on it! You don't want to go out there right now... we want to fix it but we can't without them! You don't know what it's like out there... the chaos... if you step out there you're in danger. It recently happened to someone very close to me. They were living out there and now she's not herself anymore. She wanted to fix this and we started it all together! This was our idea and process! And now... if we don't get the results we need... I'll never get her back... she was like a mother to me... because since this started she was the only mother figure I had..." Griffin explained. Ending up with tears I his eyes.

"What's going on out there? Are people dying? Is it a disease?" Rob asked. Getting up and grabbing Griffin's shoulders. Griffin could almost feel the cold metal of his left hand through his jacket.

"It's... kinda a disease, that's what it's spreading like... everyone who gets it goes brain dead... they don't talk, work together, assume tasks, do their jobs... they don't... they don't really need to eat or drink... which I guess is strange but they don't move anyways. This was how we were going to fix it... with the results from Project Nether..." Griffin explained.

____
A/N

Why did I let this happen... I didn't plan this to happen... whoops xD

I literally almost gave away something I didn't want to so I had to end the chapter there.

Have a great day or remainder of day.

-Calexia31