Field 6- Chapter 2

"Okay so aside from all this whatever, does anyone know what to do? Usually they tell us," Jack said.

"Well then maybe we should just sit and wait for instruction?" Preston suggested.

Griffin noticed a hole in the ceiling and walked over. How are we supposed to get past this one again? Knock a ladder down? He thought. He noticed the rolled up ladder at the top.

"Or we can look at the ceiling hole, what's there Grif?" Preston said.

"Don't call me Grif," he replied. "And there's some sort of ladder, I think we have to knock it down."

"Really? So we have to do work?" Jack complained, looking up the hole in the ceiling. "Do we have something to throw?"

"Or we could sit here, not give them the results they need, and have them take us back to our original projects. And wherever you were," Lora suggested. She was slowly tossing a white ball up and down and leaning against the wall.

"Hey can I see that? To try to knock the ladder down?" Preston asked. Lora glared at him. The fire resistant backing away a step.

"Knock yourself out," she said after a few seconds. Throwing it over to him. Preston caught it and walked under it.

He threw it with all his strength and Griffin heard a faint, yet familiar noise and saw a faint blue light flash a few times in the hole.

"Don't move!" he shouted. Preston froze and the ladder fell from in front of him and a blue laser fell over him.

He jumped out and yelped in pain. The laser flashed off.

"What was that?" Preston asked, turning to face Griffin who was thinking of a convincing enough lie.

"A-after I was unsuccessful... they uh... tested these blue and orange lasers on me. The blue ones, you uh, had to stay completely still, and the orange ones you had to be moving, I heard the sound of the laser turning on and saw the blue light. They could be those ones," he said. What he was really wondering was who had put them into his Field. Sure they were the lasers he'd invented. But someone had put them into the Field without talking to him.

"Oh..." Preston said.

"So we're really going to do another Project?" Lora said. "Fine."

Griffin decided to go first. Grabbing the ladder and climbing up, after a few seconds he heard the laser and saw the flashes of orange. He climbed a bit faster in fear and when he opened his eye the light had faded away.

"Guessing you're alright?!" Preston called up.

"Y-yeah!" Griffin called down. He reached the top and pulled himself out. "Come on! It looks safe!"

Griffin could barely see, someone had definitely messed with his Project. This wasn't even any of them! It was a wide, dark hallway. He could barely make out features of the walls.

He looked up at the machine. A small white machine. It started flashing blue.

"Blue!" Griffin shouted down. When the beam of light had faded away he looked down and saw Preston holding the ladder tightly not to far from the top. "It stopped."

"What? Oh..." Preston said.

They all made it out and the laser flashed orange just after they'd all gotten out.

____
A/N

<3 so sorry for the wait on this chapter!

This makes two game references so far in this book I believe ;)

Have a great day or remainder of day

-Calexia31