Field Results- Griffin

Many tests went by, Griffin monitored them all himself. Parker didn't even bother him to get sleep, because he was doing the job he was the best at.

After the last Project Griffin looked over the Results and his eyes lit up as he fixed his glasses.

"Parker!" he shouted. She appeared in his office soon, the other employees were sleeping.

"Yes Griffin?" she asked.

"Project Nether... it was all to fix society. To see that, if we wiped their minds, all of them. If they would live on. And the results are all here. They will," he said.

"Griffin..." Parker said smiling. "So you did it?"

"Yes. Your mother would be proud of the facility. Why don't you go tell her, let everyone else out to see their families too, the employees, I need to check a few things with all of the test subjects," he said.

Parker smiled and hugged him, he fire leaving the room.

As soon as everyone was outside, he checked the machine. And released the smoke to fill the whole Earth. He could swear he heard Parker shouting at him. But it was for their own good.

He gathered everyone else into a small room. They were afraid of him. Circuit appeared behind him and Griffin opened a panel and pulled the chip from the wall as the metal hand left his shoulder. He'd need some help if his plan were to follow through.

"I know you're all scared. You should be. But we don't need any more evidence of the Facility left behind. You've all done well," Griffin said. As the room started sinking his eyes connected to Lynda's. And he walked away.

Griffin hit a button on his way back to his office and heard the explosion in the distance. He once called them friends.

Once the gas had disappeared completely Griffin already had all of the data and information from the Facility completely erased. Nobody would ever know about the Facility again.

He was faced then with the role Parker's mother had given him. He took the watch out of his pocket and pressed the button.

It was his job to watch over the world. The pathway under the ocean opened and he left existence. Wiping Circuits memories and removing his fake name.

Time skip forwards a few years

"Griffin?" Rob asked, walking into his room.

"Yes Rob?" he asked.

"You said you saved me. But why can't I be on the surface? Why am I here?" Rob asked.

"Look, I've saved you many times. You were caught in a terrible fire accident. You're half metal because of this. I took you here because I care about you. Why do you think I'm here? The two of us would only cause tragedy. You know this," Griffin explained.

"I remember the Facility, Griffin. I know what you did to them. To Preston. But I know why you did it. That's why I did to try to stop you. I helped Lynda all the time, and you just thought she was special. But at first I wanted out. But into what the world is now. I just want to genuinely thank you. You can't erase my mind," Rob explained. "I know you're going to ask why I acted so... naïve all this time. Well, I didn't want to accept it. But you know, I'm finally ready to. And Griffin?"

He looked over at the half-robotic friend of his.

"Keep trying your best. You've saved so many people, and you seem satisfied although they don't know you did. Sometimes I wonder what could've been. But I know this life I'd always prefer. Just... don't seem so locked up all the time, okay? You'll go insane without someone to talk to," Rob explained.

"Rob I'm sorry. I have to finish what I started," Griffin said.

"I know. I've seen the way you look. It's been nice," Rob said. Hugging Griffin.

He hugged back and hit the button.

A loud crack sounded and Griffin smiled as the water came flooding in. Humanity had just been fully restored. Everything was normal again. Not good, but it didn't seem humanity deserved to live in harmony.

Project Nether was really a success.

And they got their Results.

____
A/N

I feel like I could cry.

This book is officially done, thank you to anyone who read it <3

Did I end it off well? I feel like I did.

Who was your favourite character? It's strange how my two biggest attachments turned out.

Have a great day or remainder of day

-Calexia31