⇢ s i x ⇠

Sam

"I think it's really her, Dean," I spoke, "What she said to me, there's no way a demon would know that."

"She said that over seven years ago, Sammy. Even Elliot wouldn't remember that. Nobody would," Dean was trying to dismiss me. He was trying to get me to ignore the fact that one of our best friends was probably herself, being tortured right now.

"I do," My voice shook, "I remember. That was the first thing she said to me. There's no way I could forget that,"

"You're just emotional. You just beat the shit out of a demon you think is someone you loved," He rolled his eyes. I hate when he gets like this, when he acts like he doesn't care.

"Love," I corrected him, "Someone I love."

Dean finally stopped and looked at me, putting his hand on my shoulder. "Sammy, it's been five years. Even if that is the real Ellie, she isn't the same girl you fell in love with."

"You're wrong," I said softly, "It's still her."

He didn't say anything, he just patted my shoulders and walked off. Leaving me to think about what happened on my own.

It has to be her, doesn't it? That was the first thing she said to me, seven years ago. When we were on the case about Darcy. A demon can't dig into the memories, only the current thoughts. There's no way it isn't Ellie.

But Dean won't listen.

It has to be the real Ellie in there. I believe it.

Five years without Ellie has been hard. Miserable, even. I've been in love with Ellie since almost day one. To go five years without her, and then suddenly having her back but your brother forcing you to torture her...Well it's torture for me too.

Dean can't keep it up forever, though. He can't keep her locked down there for the rest of her life. She has needs. She's still a person

//june 3 2018