17

It's only been a couple of days since I moved my family to Miami with my boyfriend Jay. So far everything is going well. The kids love him and he loves them back. Even Cree is having a decent time. But I could tell she was missing her father. That's why she'll be leaving Friday. I'm taking her to The airport and she's gonna meet her father there. I had to find another house just in case she decides to tell Alex where we live. It's okay though because this house isn't really homey. It was the first one I found and took it because it didn't cost so much. Ahja will be flying down tomorrow so she can help me open up shop. I've been handing out business cards so the ladies will know where to come get their hair done.

Yesterday I took a walk down the boulevard just to network and see who knows how-to do hair so I could hire them. I found a couple of girls and I invited them over today so I could see what they knew how to do. I can't just have anybody working in my shop. Which I bought already. It was already a salon, but they went out of business at the beginning of the year and some local people told me about it. Said I should buy it and reopen it. So I did. It's a nice spot and I hope to have plenty of business by the time of my grand opening.

"Alright, we'll be back later. Im just taking them to the beach while you handle your stuff." Jay says to me. We're in the bedroom and I'm looking for an outfit to wear. We just took a shower, a long one..

" You guys don't have to leave." I tell him.

"Don't worry about it. They're dying to go play in the water. So I'll take them and you can join when you're done."

"That sounds nice."

" So you'll come down?"

"Yeah. Soon as I finish. I'll even pack some lunch for you guys."

"Thanks babe. Im gonna make sure they're getting ready."

"Okay." He kissed my neck then left the room. I looked at the 3 outfits laying on the bed and chose the one in the middle. A gray triangle top with white threading bathing suit top, matching bottoms, and a pair of light distressed jean shorts and silver sandals. I pulled my hair into a high ponytail and slipped on a body chain. The door bell rung as I put on my sandals. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled, happy with my appearance. I ran down the stairs and answered the door.

"Hello ladies." I smiled. "Come on in." I led 5 girls into my home and into my beauty room. I set up 6 stations of mannequin heads, flat irons, curling wands, flexi rods, and other hair supplies. "So I'm missing one girl. I hope she didn't get lost. Since you're all here, we're just gonna get started without her. She'll have to play catch up. Any questions before we begin?" I ask. One girl raised her hand. "Yes?"

"How many available spots do you have in the salon?" Britt asked.

"I have six positions."

"Can you afford to pay all of us well?" Riley asks.

"Yes. Otherwise I wouldn't have all these open positions."

"Why should we work for you?" Ryann, Riley's twin sister asks.

"Because I'm the best in the game. Back in Georgia, my shops stayed packed to capacity. Same in California. I'm a business woman. I open businesses and they all have succeeded. I also own clothing stores for women and kids. Currently working on another project for men. So the question isn't why you should work for me.. It's why should I hire you?"

"You're a busy woman." Elizabeth says.

"Very. So if there aren't any more questions. Can we get started?" I asked and they all responded with yeses. "Pick a station. We're gonna start off with some basic hairstyles then we'll graduate to more complicated stuff. I just want to see where everyone is and what you can do." I waited until everyone was comfortable to begin. "Okay, so the first thing that many people don't really realize is important, is shampooing. I've seen some people skip this step or just do it completely wrong." They made disgusted faces.