3

"Mama can Jas come over? We have to practice our routine for dance class." Cree asked as we all sat at the table for breakfast.

"I don't care. Just make sure she has a ride back home." I tell her before turning to Ky. "You have somebody that wants to come over too?"

"No. I'm going with daddy."

"Where y'all going?" I asked Alex.

"Sage having a little thing for Nick and he wants us to bring our sons."

"Oh ok. Well you know I have to go to Cali in about an hour so who's gonna watch Cree and Jasmine?"

"Call my mom." he says and gets up from the table to put all of our bowls in the sink. "Why you going to Cali?"

"I knew you weren't listening last night when I was talking to you." I rolled my eyes and stood up as the kids left the kitchen.

"Why you always tripping?"

"Because you don't listen. I'll be back later on tonight." I say and head to the bathroom, leaving him there looking stupid. I ran my water for a shower and pulled off my robe, then stepped in. I washed my body and rinsed off the soap then got out. I put on lotion and picked out my outfit which consisted of a light pink tank that says FLAWLESS in black letters, dark blue denim shorts and my Aunt Pearl KD's. I put my twists in a ponytail with a pink headband. I made sure that my passport and ID and all my other important travel information was in my purse. Then I headed downstairs. I called Alex's mom.

"Hey Baby. What's going on?" she answered.

"Hi mama. I was wondering if you could come over and watch Cree and her friend since Alex and Ky are leaving and I have to go to Cali."

"Why you going out there and it would be nice if you just brought them here because I'm about to start book club."

"I'm opening a store there and I have to go look at the progress that the crew is making and that's fine."

"Aww good luck with everything and I'll see you when you get here."

"Thank you so much mama." we said our goodbyes and I called Cree downstairs.

"Yes ma'am." she spoke when she was in my face.

"Call Jas and tell her to get ready because we're about to head over there to pick her up." I tell her as I hand her my phone.

"Why we picking her up?"

"Y'all going to your Grandma's house. Hurry up and call her before I miss my plane." I tell her and open the front door so we can go to the car.

We pulled up to Jasmine's house and two other girls walk out the house with her.

"You didn't tell me about these extra girls."

"You didn't ask." she tells me with an attitude. I reached behind the seat and popped her in her mouth.

"Don't talk to me like that. I will pull off and you will have to practice by your damn self."

"But-"

"Stop talking to me Cree."

"Hi Mrs Livingston." the girls spoke as I eyed Cree. I wanted her to say something smart.

"Unfold your arms before you don't go nowhere." I tell her and she doesn't move. "Cree Janelle.. don't let your friends see you get effed up in this damn car." I watched her and she continued to sit there and ignore me like I ain't said shit to her. "I'm sorry ladies but Cree can't practice today."

"You can't do that mom!" she yelled and i tried my best to regain my patience because I was 10 seconds from fucking her up. The other girls looked scared for Cree so they backed away from the car and went back in the house. I took my seat belt off and turned around and hit her in her mouth a few times.