1

"Who really used to call you in the middle of the night?" I asked Alex. We're almost at the end of our therapy session and the doctor wanted me to ask Alex a question that I believe he's lied about so many times. Honestly, I don't see how this is supposed to help us because I think his answer will piss me off.

"How is this supposed to help our relationship, Dr Oshae?" he asked.

"It's something that has been bothering your wife, Alexander. In our private sessions, she's talked about how these phone calls has affected the way she views you.."

"How do you view me?" he interrupted the Doctor and turned to face me.

"They're called private sessions for a reason, Doctor." I say through gritted teeth and ignoring Alex's stare..

"Yes, I know this. But you two really need to work on your communication. You guys don't tell each other everything so you don't know how the other is feeling. Which leaves me in the middle because I know something that the other doesn't. Now if you don't answer the question Mr Livingston, I'll be forced to tell your wife myself." He says.

"You can't do that. That's not what I'm paying you for." Alex says with an attitude.

"Just tell me who fucking called you in the middle of the night, got dammit." I screamed at him because he was starting to piss me off. Why is he beating around the bush? Why won't he just tell me? "I won't be mad, I promise." I tell him. It's in the past and that's what we're trying to move past, so I'm not gonna be mad about it.

"Just tell her Alexander." Dr Oshae pushes but I cut my eyes at him.

"I got this. Thank you though." I tell him before looking back at Alex. "Who called you?" I asked.

"You promise you won't be mad?" he asks back. I rolled my eyes.

"I promise." I say.

"Delia.." he says, looking away from me.

"The hell she calling you in the middle of the night for?" I asked, trying to maintain my composure on the outside, but on the inside, so many thoughts were going through my mind. "Were you sleeping with her?"

"I'm afraid that's all the time I have for you two today. We'll continue next week, same day, same time." Dr Oshae says as he stands up from his chair and places his note pad on his desk.

"Did you sleep with Delia?" I asked again, ignoring the Doctor.

"Yes." he said not looking at me, still. "We fucked before I met you here."

"W-what..?" I asked, barely above a whisper but I know he heard me.

"I'll see you next week." the doctor says and I reached my hand out for him to help me up. He obliged and pulled me to my feet.

"I'm sorry Jhanay." Alex says as he stands in front of me. I looked up at him and shook my head.

"I don't believe that for one bit. You fucked her before coming to our therapy session to work on our marriage."

"I know how it sounds. I fucked up." I smacked the shit outta him.

"Yeah, bastard. Fuck you, fuck this marriage. Fuck Us!" I took my ring off and threw it at him before storming out of the room as fast as I could. I got in my car and drove home. I stripped out of my maxi dress and sandals and ran me a bubble bath. I got in and laid back and soon found myself crying. He broke my heart, AGAIN. I keep giving him the chances to hurt me. That's fucked up. I gave him everything. Two kids, one on the way. Sex on the regular. I cook. I clean. I do laundry. I work and make my own money so he doesn't have to take care of me. I keep myself looking right. I do everything a wife is supposed to do for her husband and more. I loved him with everything in me. And this is what he does. I knew for a fact that he was cheating. But I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the signs weren't there and I was just trying to create problems in my marriage. He was so happy to make me his wife and look what he does.