Chapter 9

Beep. Beep. Beep.
I picked up my vibrating phone that was screaming at me to get up. I unlocked my phone and turned off my dreadful alarm. I climbed out of my memory foam mattress. Why is it so hard to get out of bed? Why is it so fucking comfy? I through on my blue high waisted denim shorts and a white tank top with #selfie in pink writing, that I had left out last night too. (I know I didn't put that in there early but just go with it).

After brushing my hair I threw it into a messy bun and brushed my teeth and applied some concealer and some mascara and made my way downstairs. "Morning." I said. Omg! How could I forget my parents died! I stood at the bottom of the stairs holding on to the rail try to control my breathing so I don't cry. A drop fell from my eyes and I just watched it hit the ground before letting another and another and another. STOP IT DEKODAH! You can cry, you need to be strong! At least until you get Cali!

I dabbed my eyes with the back of my hands and wiped under my eyes with my fingers. I pulled out my iPhone from my pocket and opened up the camera. Ok you're not a total mess. You can fix this. I walked to the coffee table in the living room and grabbed a tissue from the box. I began wiping my eyes while looking at my screen.

There that's better! I said putting my phone back into my back pocket and walking to the kitchen. I put the running into the bin and opened the fridge.

After eating my wheel bix I grabbed my house keys and phone and called for a cab. I put my bowl away after washing and drying it then, got my luggage that I put down here last night and headed out the door.

I saw the cab pull up and I put my bags into the boot and was about to sit in the back when I remembered... "Can you wait here for like two minutes? I forgot something." I asked bending down to look at the driver through the passenger window.

I ran to the front door stuck the keys into the lock and sprinted upstairs like there's no tomorrow. Hurry up Dekodah! I got to my room and lunged the floor at the end of my bed and got hold of my backpack. I then ran back out to the cab and locked the door of course.

*skip car ride*

After going through security and waiting an awfully long time for my flight to get called I was finally on the plane. Ahh nice and piecef- I was cut off from my thought by a huge jab in the back of my chair. I turn around in my chair and see a little blonde boy sitting in the chair behind me. Ugh great. The plane stereotype where the annoying little bastard has to kick the fucking chair. I plug in my earphones and place them in my ears before cranking up the volume and listening to 'cool for the summer' by Demi Lovato.

*skip plane trip*

I grabbed my backpack and stood up from my seat and made my way out of the plane. I was walking out of the gate and to the luggage contraction thingy (if you know what it's called let me know in the comments). I went to grab one of my black suitcases and was pushed away by a large figure in a black hoody. "Hey! Don't you think that was a bit rude! You can't just push people out of your way!" I screamed at the person. When they turned to face me I was merely mesmerised by his golden brown eyes that seemed to last forever and his perfectly chiseled jaw.
"Sorry I'm in a rush and I need to catch up with my friends. Oh you don't know who I am do you," I stood there staring at him blankly waiting for him to finish. "well I'm Jack, Jack Gilinsky. And you are...?"
"Dekodah, Dekodah Keen." I said placing my hand out in front of me for him to shake. He reluctantly shook my hand. "Shit my bags, do u mind?" I said pointing at the two bags making there way towards us.
"Not at all. Hang on." He lunged out and pulled my black bag off the conveyer belt and placed it at my feet. Then grabbed the pink one I had pointed at before. "Is that all?" He asked setting it in front of my other suitcase. "Yes thank you." I began to walk away when I heard someone yell out my name. I spun around and saw him making his way towards me. "Can I ask you a question?"
"You just did, but go ahead." I laugh and he giggles.
"So I was just wandering why you were here in Cali and if you wanted to hang sometime?"
"Well I moved here from Australia because my parents died yesterday and I don't have any other relatives there and I would love to hang with you... How about we talk later?" I say and he shrugged.
"Wait but how will I talk to you if I don't have you number?" Oh yer you need to give him your number you dip shit.
"Ok umm pass me your phone." He handed me his phone and I put in my contact details.

I walked out of the airport and put my hand up to hail for a taxi but they just kept driving past. On my 5th attempt someone walked up next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I jumped 10 feet into the air and laughed at my reaction. "Here let me help you." The boy with brown hair and beautiful brown chocolate eyes said to me before turning and whistling with to fingers in his mouth. I swear I've seen him before. But I don't know where.

Within seconds a taxi pulls up next to us. "Thank you, oh I'm Dekodah by the way." I say as I open the door and place my back pack in the back. I then make my way to the boot and put my suitcases in. I look up after closing the boot and see that the boy has disappeared. Well great you scared him off. Good going Dekodah.

I opened the back door and sat in the chair and buckled in my seat belt. I looked up and saw...