Chapter 5

A/N i am doing this on my ipad so sorry for the mistakes.

I stumbled out of my chair and ran to the store room Ms June was in. When I was at the door way Officer Sparks was standing there behind me, i turned around and saw that he had a hand on his gun. Thats when my heart started to race more than 100 miles a minute. "Let me go first." He says while taking a step forward and walking into the store room. I follow after him, being the curious person i am. Suddenly the officer stops and neels  to the ground. I look down to see Ms June sitting on the floor crying while holding here foot. "What happened?" Officer Sparks asked to Ms June.

"I-i-i hurt my foot." She said to the officer.
"How did you hurt it?" He asks with worry and sympathy in his voice. 'Yeah, he has sympathy for someone who hurts their foot.' I say to myself.
"Well... I was on my way back out to my office when i saw a spider, and i have a huge fear of spiders. And then i turned around quickly and kicked my toe on..." I cut her off.
"Is that w-why you screamed?" I laughed while talking. "Im sorry, but its kinda funny and for me to laugh right after my parents died is a major milestone, and they only died like 1 hour ago." I say while slowly going from laughing to nearly crying.
"Oh, i know. Im sorry I'm made you guys run in here and sorry for screaming when i really didn't need to." Ms June says while standing up. "Its okay i probably would have screamed too, but then laugh at myself for screaming, so i would be there laughing and crying hysterically to be honest with you." I say as we walk out of the room. I hear them chuckle as we take our seats again and return to our conversation.
"So Dekodah, here is your card and your account details. Do you need help with anything else?" She says while handing me the paper work and a small envelop with 'Dekodah Keen KEEP SAFE' written on it. I slowly open the envelop and pull out the card and a piece of paper with writing on it.
'Dear Dekodah,
If you are getting this letter without us your either 18 or our time has come and gone. Your father and I want you to keep this money for as long as possible and we want you to be responsible with it. We know your able to do this because we believe in you.
Your father and I wanted to say thank you for changing our lives forever. We love you so much.

Love, Mom and Dad.' 
I sunk into my chair and let my tears run like a water fall. I cried so hard I nearly passed out but Ms June got up from her desk and placed her hand on my shoulder just like my mom would and I felt as though everything was back to normal. I soon calmed down and stood up from my chair. "Do you have a bathroom inhere at all?" I ask to Ms June.
"Yes, go down that hallway and its the second door on the right." She says while waving her hands in the directions for me to go. I turned and walked out of the room and made my way down the long hall. '1' '2' I thought to myself while counting the doors in my head. I slowly turned the metal knob on the door and pushed it open. I basically drag myself to the counter and just stared at my reflection for like 5 minutes then decided i would wash my face since i looked horrible because I was red and puffy.

After i spread water on my face I dried it with some paper town on the wall next to me and the. Made my way back to the office. When i got there i took my seat and went back to what i was doing beforehand. I opened the next envelop and say a list of the deposits my parents had put into my bank account. I also saw my total amount of money that i had and my jaw dropped to the ground when i read it. '$362,719 000? How did they even? Whaaat?' I thought to myself, well at least i thought.
"Your parents made so much money but only used half of there money EACH to the family and then they put the rest into this bank account." Ms June said to me. My cheeks went red from embarrassment, so i turned my head to the floor. "Dekodah?" She asked. I raised my head, still slightly blushing. "Would you like to know your pin so you can spend your money?" I nod my head and she stands up from her chair again and makes her way toward me. She bends down and whispers it in my ear, then walks back to her chair. I pull out my phone from my pocket and unlock it. I open my notes and type in my pin making sure Officer Sparks doesn't see it. When I'm done a put it back into my pocket and look at Ms June.  "Thank you. Is there anything else i need to know before i go home and pack?" I ask.
"No, where are you going?" She asks.
"California" i say with no tone of happiness or sadness at all.
"Oh, how long will you be there for?"
"I don't know a few years maybe?" I respond.
"A few years wow, i hope ur not going to be staying there alone." She says with a bit of hesitation.
"No ill be living with my aunt and going to school there until, i graduate and move out, so yeah." I say as i stand up from my chair. "Well, thank you for helping me, i really need to get going though." I say while walking towards the door with them both following like puppies.
"Its fine, have fun in Cali." She says while we walk out of the bank doors. I turn and wave goodbye to her then climb into the police car.
*SKIP CAR RIDE*

When we arrived at my house again i got out of the car and walked up the pathway to the front door with the officer following close behind. I put the key in the lock and turned it until i heard a click. The door swung open and i was paralysed. My brain was flooded with memories.