Chapter 1- The Hospital

"Mrs Ichinomiya?"

"Yes, that's me" I reply with an uneasy smile.

"Yes we got you test results in just today and decided to call you down for the results" the nurse says. I see the expression of apprehension on her face.

"Okay" I reply nervously as I gaze around the doctor's office. Inside the large room are a range of certificates and trophies on display and on the walls art forms that I'm sure Ota would turn his nose up too. I giggle to myself.

"Mrs Ichinomiya, you're pregnant."

Oh my god.

I sit there not quite comprehending what she said. "You're sure?" I ask.

"Mrs Ichinomiya we're the number one medicine practiser in the entire world, we're sure." she says, placing a hand on my knee. The warm of her hand seeps into my skin and I begin to take in the fact I have a baby inside me. Water is handed to me but all I do is think. Eisuke and I's baby.

"Now, Mrs Ichinomiya would you like a scan?" she replies in a soft smile. I decided I liked this woman.

"You can do that this early!" I say shocked. "Yes," she says smiling, "we have the best equipment for this."

I slide myself onto the doctors chair and lean back. The nurse begins to rub cold jelly-like stuff on my tummy. She calls the doctor in and we begin as the screen lights up.

"Are you alright Mrs Ichinomiya?" I nod. "Good, I'm just going to find your baby and print it out for you okay." The female doctor says. She sits in a pale blue suit (no scrubs in private hospitals I notice) and begins prodding my stomach. She strikes me as a sharp woman, straight to the point but gentle.

I stare at the screen and begin to notice a flicker on the monitor. "Is that-" "Yes, Mrs Ichinomiya that's your baby's heart beat." she replies, smiling at me with loving brown eyes.

Blip. I think to myself- It's Eisuke and I's little Blip.

I leave the hospital with the picture in my bag, and get into the black SUV waiting for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~