Chapter 18- David Locus's Downfall

Since that day I have mailed my ring back to Eisuke, but not filed our divorce papers. I didn't feel as though I could end my marriage with him just yet.

Nobody could understand what it was like, signing a document that ended your marriage, a life you shared together-gone. It was like I had jumped in a sea thinking I would have a life jacket on but found myself drowning.

People are meant to break up because they don't love each other anymore, not because they're completely in love with one each other and Eisuke still loved me. I just wanted what was best for him.

I sigh heavily, looking at the pretty inked writing. An invitation had come today for a news presentation involving the deal between Mercedes and Eisuke's companies. Before an evening ball there will be a news round of questions about their advancement, no doubt in business and in love.

I have decided to go, seeing as I'm going to have to see him soon. Eisuke and I will have to have a working relationship to be good parents anyway.

I'm a little nervous, so I chose to wear a short plum dress that compliments my hips, a colour that always gets compliment because of my skin tone for confidence.

I travel to the hotel in anticipation. Knowing full well I'll have to endure the torture of them together I am armed with tissues, nausea relieving drugs and makeup.

Upon arriving I am taken straight to the large room in which it is due to be held. Alcohol cocktails are drunk like water and everyone appears to be enjoying themselves.

I find my men in the crowded room and take a seat next to Ota. All that was said at the dinner has been forgiven between us after he promised that there was no hard feelings.

The event starts and Eisuke strolls in, playing his Boss personality well; all smiles with a focused air surrounding him. I sit back in my seat, staring aimlessly at a spot on his back I used to scratch when in bed. As if feeling my eyes on him, he turns back searching me out in the room. When he finds me he gives me a gentle smile that pulls at my heart strings, then turns back walking to the stage.

"I called you all here to announce some news that I would be delighted to have your support in." He pauses and smiles for the flashing cameras, "The Ichinomiya Group has decided to development its external links to other companies" his voice boomed.

He is standing in front of a podium, Raven to his right and Mercedes looming on his arm, smiling too widely at his side. Ota beside me makes puking sounds and I put my hand over my mouth to stifle a laugh.

"We will be signing a multi billion pound contract with the Sano Corporation this month." he announces. Mercedes whispers something in his ear, and the news reporters are in uproar.

The men around me sit back, either confused or smirking.

I realise then...Sano was Raven's corporation...why?

"Mr. Ichinomiya! I thought you were signing with Locus!"

"What about your relations with the daughter of the CEO of Locus?!"

"I have a wife." Eisuke says coldly into the microphone.

Mercedes is in shock standing there paralyzed with her mouth as a round 'o'.

"What happened to the deal?!"

"There are rumours that you're having a baby with Mercedes Locus!?"

Eisuke growls. "In case you haven't heard I'll enlighten you. The Locus brand has been subjected to insurance and business negotiations fraud. There has been tax invasion for 12 years during international policies. Why would I allow my Group's name to be stained by that reputation."

As Eisuke says this with a smirk the CEO enters, a expression that I have only seen on mobsters beforehand. He looks as if he could hang Eisuke from the building by a rope; a warning to everyone not to mess with him.

Along with black suits the CEO move as a monster in contrast to the light room. "What do you think you're doing Ichinomiya?" he growls in a low voice.

"I'm simply telling the truth." he says, crossing his arms.

"This is getting interesting. So much drama" Ota says grinning.

"Where's your wife then? Mr. High and Mighty left her for sex with my daughter!" The old man chuckles telling the reporters.

Eisuke falters for a moment casting his eyes down and then says, "My wife is there-" he indicates to me and continues, "next to my lifetime friends. Furthermore she displeases me greatly why would I touch that?"

Mercedes is wailing, "Daddy!"

Eisuke rolls his eyes, shakes her off him walks forward and levels with David Locus. "Your company is about to go underwater." he says in a low tone.

"It won't bring her back." he says staring straight at me. "You've lost her, and you'll never get her back. She'll be a shell of the wife you knew for what you did, I learnt that a long time ago."

"Our marriage will survive this..." he says but without his usual punch.

As the news spreads of Locus's diligent methods outside of the room, Eisuke displays a number on the screen behind him. It is lit brightly and has so many zeros I'm swimming.

"You know what this is?"

"My company's revenue." David says grinning like a wolf puffing his chest out.

Suddenly the number begins to decline, steadily then rapidly losing its zeros in a matter of seconds.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" he shouts, astonished.

"Get your daughter away from me and I'll make it stop." Eisuke says smirking, his ionic pose on show.

"Daddy no!" she says whining, the sequins on her red dress swirling as she stomps her feet.

Seriously? You're dads company is going to go under and you're still whining like a child. I sigh and the boys laugh.

"How original" Soryu says, his evil grin pulling at his lips. "That's why he asked me to kill their stock with the Ice Dragons."

"Okay! Okay! Stop it!" he begs, the number decreasing still.

Eisuke clicks a button and the number begins to slowly stagnate.

"How did you...?" David says, shaking his head in disbelief.

"I have connections everywhere- it's what a good businessman does." he says glowing with pride. "Now, you can take your mutt of a daughter and yourself back to Locus HQ NOW!" he says shouts in a menacing tone.

Everyone gasps and the flashing lights that had casted shadows on the stage throughout stops.

"You've lost a lot of connections to business today, messing with me. I'm not going to your muse, son in law that plays under your palm. I suggest you spend your time repairing what I broke." Eisuke says, concluding the event and sticking his nose up at them.

He takes his exit, glancing at me quickly before leaving the room.

Mercedes is dragged for the room by her dad's arm and hisses at me as she passes.

Baba laughs, Ota shouts at her, Soryu smirks and Mamoru puffs at his cigarette but for the first time since being a Ichinomiya I sit with my arms crossed...smirking.