Chapter 4- Mercedes

As I enter the suite, I am nervous about what I will find. Why did all the guys seem so...nervous? I look to see Eisuke and another woman in conversation. She is dressed in a beautiful gown that doesn't match her skin tone with her blonde hair down in long whips. They appear to be in deep conversation about something. The woman notices me standing there observing them and signals Eisuke to stop talking.

Eisuke looks shocked to see me and says, "I thought you wouldn't be back for another half hour." he says looking me up and down.

"I'm sorry, I finished what I was doing early," I reply curtly, "who is this?" I indicate to the woman in the armchair respectively.

"I suppose now is the best to time to tell you, if any," Eisuke begins, "I'm leaving you."

What? I blink my eyes back as the air out of my lungs in knocked out of me with a powerful kick.

I look again at the woman on the sofa and she smiles maliciously at me. Cat's eyes I think to myself, how amusing.

"Yeah sorry babe, Eisuke's leaving you and we have been meeting in secret to plan the agreement between us." She glares at me, a look of triumph on her face.

"Really? But why, haven't I been good to you?" I face my husband with a small voice.

"Of course you have-" Eisuke says with a remorseful face, "-it just can't be anymore, Violet. I'm going to be with Mercedes."

"Eisuke, babe don't throw the bitch a bone. You were bored with her and we found one another." she smiles at him.

"More like you feel in his lap and begged for attention like a leach. Have you been sleeping with both of us?!" I scowl at him. Holy hell I was being brave today.

Eisuke looked shocked and hurt. Seriously hurt? I'm so sorry I am hurting you by standing here being told you're leaving me. Wanker. I am the one that has the right to be hurt right now.

"We haven't had sex, Violet." he croaks out, looking away from my harsh gaze.

"Not long now though. What Mercedes wants, Mercedes gets. Mercedes isn't stupid and doesn't wait" she winks at my husband, painfully trying to be seductive.

"No she's just a bitch that doesn't speak in first person." I laugh to myself, folding my arms across my chest.

"EXCUSE M-"

"Stop." Eisuke says, " I understand this was never going to be easy," He takes a step towards me and takes my hands. He gazes at me with large brown eyes and continues, "this is what I want Violet, I'm sorry we had to end like this, I didn't know you'd be here."

I was taken back as it hit me, he didn't... want me anymore. "You want, to divorce me?" I gaze up at him and reply as I whisper.

"Yes he does, and you aren't getting a penny of his money either!" Mercedes stands and pushes me away from Eisuke.

I laugh dryly, "As if I give a shit, keep it all...Mr. Ichinomiya." I say coldly. Turning away from them both.

As I reach the door, I feel his hand on my shoulder and turn towards him. "Don't ever call me that Violet, you're not allowed to." He whispers into my hair, warming me with his breath.

" Yes, SIR." I sneer and leave the room, knowing I must hold my head high until I reach the elevator.

I pass the guys in the lounge as fast as I could, and they call out to me vacantly. But I can no longer hear them, their voices like passing noises dulled and blurred.

I enter the elevator knowing full well I must have practically ran out of the penthouse, all I feel is a dull pain running through my chest and it's all consuming. I can't even cry. I feel numb inside, like Eisuke has cast a shadow over a part of my heart that had always been alight. The happy part of myself that told me to positive all through my life had been sucked out of me. I realise that the problem with a broken heart is that you can't tell that someone feels as though pieces of themselves are bleeding onto the floor. Scattered bits of their heart leaving that in some cases they might not piece all of back together again. I just didn't understand why he'd do this to me? After all this time. A business deal is worth more to him, than the life we built together.

I stare at my left hand that contains my wedding ring and the first platinum band he got me on a shopping trip long ago. I realise then that the heart break I feel, is not mine alone, and I begin rubbing my stomach slowly not only to calm myself but Blip too.

Slowly but surely, the hot tears begin to fall and I am taken back my the grief I feel, for I am feeling the loss of my marriage and my Eisuke. I wipe my eyes and look around. I'm screaming inside myself but no one can hear, I almost feel ashamed that Eisuke could be that important, that without him I feel like nothing. But just before the cloud of depression is able to overcast my eyes completely, the doors open and I realise I'm due to start my shift.