Chapter 6- Casino Floor

As we enter the hotel we are told Eisuke is in the casino and so we make are way towards the vast entertainment centre. I clutch the envelope containing the scan image and make my way with Baba towards the overly excited table.

Eisuke and Mercedes are standing next to one another, she has her cat eyes out laughing and smiling as Eisuke wins again and again. Eisuke turns to see Baba and I enter the tables dealings, he looked shocked to see Baba's are in mine, then the expression fades to anger.

I look away, hiding myself taking a deep breath, I turn back with a determined but sweet air to myself. I put my chips down and say, "Mr Ichinomiya, would you care to play with me?"

Eisuke freezes for a moment, momentarily paralysed by my sweetness and gambling goal. He is shocked as he knows of my knowledge of his skills in this particular one on one battle. "Of course, but you'll lose." he says chuckling, bemused as the dealer plays.

Mercedes flips her blonde hair over her shoulder and begins kissing Eisuke's neck, keeping her eyes on me. Baba begins to growl at her but I place a hand on his chest to calm him. "Classy and strong" I remind him and keep my eyes on the prize.

The game begins and Eisuke coldness continues to shock me to my core. I had to stay strong until the end I remind myself, this is a duel between Eisuke and I, in whether or not I had will power against him and for the sake of Blip I was going to show just how gracious I could be. As expected he won, and Mercedes claps her hands delightfully.

"You shouldn't play against me, I always win." Eisuke says crossing his arms in a smirk.

Just then something told me to be just as much of an asshole as he was, like a switch that had been flipped inside me. "Yes, well I still have a trump card" and fling the envelope across the table toward.

Eisuke keeps his smirk on, Mercedes leaves his side and goes to get a drink for them both. He opens the envelope and his face falls. A shocked expression tugs at his face and he begins to shake.

Finally he meets my eyes, "You're- no you can't...a baby?" he sits on the chair with a loud thud utterly shocked. Mercedes comes back over with the drinks, she begins whispering in his ear but he doesn't move or act as though he could hear her.

She begins to get irritated at him as Eisuke moves towards us, "Get away from my wife, Baba" Eisuke hisses at Baba, having recomposed himself. By the looks of it the emotion he had chosen was red, blazing anger.

" I can't Boss, she lives with me" he replies curtly.

Eisuke has a face that reminds me of someone that has tasted something bad, very very bad. "You two?" he replies coldly, a menace in his voice that makes me want to hide. He looks into my eyes, they were pleading with me whispering , you wouldn't do that to me, Surely?

"No, not 'us two' more like a person that don't want their pregnant friend in a grotty hotel somewhere. The fact you could let her as your wife sickens me, Eisuke" Baba replies, a twitch of anger in his voice.

"Let me talk to Violet-" Eisuke says he anger peeking and I knew he would explode soon.

Before Baba can say anything I interrupt, "Let me talk to him Baba, we'll have to talk soon anyway." I whisper into his ear.

Baba nods to me, giving me a encouraging hug and leaves.

Eisuke moods becomes a fraction lighter, "Violet, explain this to me." I hear him say in a calmer voice.

A sickly snake creeps up my spine and dances in my stomach, making me nauseated. "That day when I told you I was going out, I was going to the doctors to get my results from some tests they had ran on me. They told me I was pregnant, gave me a scan and then...I came back to the penthouse to find you and.."

He finishes, "Mercedes." He runs his hand through his hair frustratingly. What is he thinking right now?

Mercedes bounces towards us, all smiles. When she sees me talking still she doesn't look happy. "Babe, you promised." clicking her tongue.

"Go away." he declares, sticking his nose up and giving her an icy glare. She is taken aback but then recovers, smiles at him and moves away.

"You know Eisuke, I didn't want you to do that. I'm your wife but not for much longer as I'm still waiting for the divorce papers-" I see Eisuke's eyes move away from mine, "- and then I'll be out of your hair. Who you date is up to you." I declare staying confident against his strong character.

"What about the baby?" Eisuke asks hurt, then he realises something, "Wait a second, DID BABA KNOW BEFORE ME!!" he roared.

"Yes he did, as did Soryu." I reply calmly, holding my ground.

"They knew about MY baby before I did!!" he screams at me.

"Well the whole bloody hotel will know if you keep shouting at me like that Eisuke." I resort, giving a small smile.

"I can't believe you would-" he advances towards me, closing the gap between us. All of a sudden Baba and Soryu appear on either sides of me. Acting as bodyguards.

Eisuke looks baffled, "As if I would hurt her, she was my life!" he glares at them.

They don't move, Eisuke appears shocked, but then turns ice cold, but I can see the hurt in his eyes amongst the angry. "Get out of my hotel. Now." he says to Baba, ignoring Soryu.

"That's fine." Baba says, " we were just leaving!" and takes my hand leading me towards the door. Before he reaches it I come out in sobs, and he has to stop and hold me. As I turn my head my tear stained vision is clouded with the image of Soryu and Eisuke in a heated discussion.

Soryu is facing Eisuke making some rather rude hand gestures, while Eisuke on the other has his eyes on me. I see then as our eyes meet worry in his face.

"I hate seeing you cry Violet." an echo of his voice from the past appears in my head. I wanted to leave then, I turned and followed Baba outside the hotel and into our car.

He drives me home and we spend the night watching a movie, while eating chocolate chip cookies and popcorn. He puts his arm around me while the movie is playing and it's so funny we're both crying.

It was relaxing being with him, like a brother to me and I was grateful he was here for me. By the time it finishes it is 2 in the morning, I am so tired. Stars cloud my vision and I lie down, I begin to drift off using something as a pillow.

I woke in warmth on the sofa of Baba's house. Suddenly I find myself in his arms. I start panicking; God, he doesn't like me does he?

Realising what I had used as I pillow had actually been Baba, I was embarrassed lying on his chest bathed in his warmth. We made eye contact and both jumped up. "-!" Baba exclaims, a look of dread on his face.

"I'm -"

"No it was-"

"Well that was- "

"Weird" we both said at the same time and burst into laughter. It was funny, both of us felt relieved the other felt nothing love related towards them. Without the thought of a love triangle looming above my head, I go to work and prepare for the worst at the Hotel of Doom.