Chapter 16- Like Before, but Different

As the night goes on we end up in Soryu's living space, it's comfortable and homely which is ionic. Eisuke and I on the navy couch with his arm around me, rubbing my stomach, making up for lost time. Baba and Ota are to the side of us making too much noise, Soryu and Mamoru are in their separated arm chairs observing. Soon after dessert is finished which included Soryu's ordered cookies...which I ate happily, when Baba and Ota suggest a poker match.

"You're losing again Baba." Ota laughs.

"Boss always wins." Baba says pouting.

"Soryu has the best poker face in the world." Eisuke points out.

"No natural ability though, shit- I'm out." Mamoru says, slurring over a glass of whiskey.

During the game Eisuke cell rings, taking it out he turns to his left. But I saw the screen and it said Mercedes.

"Eisuke don't answer it." I plead.

"I have to Violet, I promised." he says looking up at me.

Why was he doing this?

"Get off me." I whisper, shaking his arm away and going to sit by the guys in the table. Hot tears fill my vision but I know better now than to make a fuss. Crying was normal now I realise.

"Eisuke, you said-"

"Bastard-"

"Why would you-"

"What type of man are you?" Soryu voice pierces through.

"I need to pick her up from the airport, I'll talk with her then." Eisuke says straightening.

"You'll end it with her then you mean." Ota says, his anger all too apparent.

Eisuke doesn't answer but stands and leaves. Once again I am heaving, crying and broken on the floor with Baba stroking my back.

I felt so ill at that point I dragged myself to the bathroom, losing all my dinner. Problem with myself was that when I got emotional I got ill.

Soryu and the others take care of me and I fall asleep with a Dragon protecting me.

Eisuke's POV

I leave the house, my hands almost breaking my phone with my grip. I know she's in there devastated but I have to end this.

Mercedes is convinced she has one up on me because of her Daddy's position as CEO but I'll soon turn the table around on the bitch.

God I should just turn back around, stay with Violet and play with my Blip. The baby is so active and I already feel so drawn to it, I want to spend all night hugging Violet, getting as close as I can.

Playing poker with them all there felt so normal, I felt...at home. I never thought I'd see the day when I relied on the other people not for business but for emotional support. Violet was right...they're my family.

I was going to finish this brat. Take her company and make her regret the day she tried to force me to love her.

For weeks I've been forced to hold her hand, endure her presence in my suite. She tried sleeping in my bed with me, but that was for Violets head only; as if she'd written her name on it with permanent marker. But of course she hadn't, she'd been happy for me of course, wanting me for herself but loved me enough to let me do what I wanted. But it wasn't what I wanted. I was forced to ignore my unborn child, and my wife. But today I had thrown the towel in, no more. I call it with her...No more. I'm done because I never played the dead mouse...I was more the cat.

No more buying my time, "Time to do this" I say to the empty space in the car and tell the driver to head for the airport.