Chapter 7- Eisuke vs Ryan

It had been a week since that night, and I was standing in my room at Baba's house preparing myself for my next encounter with the blonde bomb. Eisuke had called a few times, asking how the baby was but when Baba answered my phone on the Thursday he had stopped calling. It was now Saturday.

I know I have to attend an event tonight as it is a mutual friend in business for the Ichinomiya Group and the next CEO, Raven and I have become good friends. I stare at myself in the mirror and conclude that I look pretty... enough. I am wearing a black lace dress with dark red lipstick that compliments my face. I have blushed my cheeks to hide my paleness and apply the finishing touches to my hairstyle. I realise that the dress shows off far more leg than I was hoping for, but I know this event will be very glamorous and I don't want to show myself up. I step out of my room and walk into the living room. Baba is judging my outfit and stays quiet for a long time.

Then, "Holy mother of-" ...he pauses, wide eyed, "You look fricken' hot Violet! Actually, I think I should come with you make sure no guy tries to take advantage." He says looking far more serious than he usually acts. I notice the crease that has appeared on his forehead and know he is worried about me.

"Baba I'm pregnant, that's not happening" I reassure him, laughing and ruffling his hair.

Baba kisses my forehead and says;"Cookie, call me in you need anything" and with that promise I reluctantly leave for the party.

~~~

As I enter the brightly lit hall it looks as if the Sano Corporation has gone all out. Hiring the entire 40th floor of Tre Spades for the event. All the high end executives are gathered in the hall sharing business prospects with guests laughing and joking.

The party looks to be in full swing, with everyone enjoying themselves and drinking champagne. I plead with the waiter for a glass of water and he softly smiles and returns with the wine glass filled with chilled water.

I scan the room and make my way towards Raven and other guests to make my rounds. Don't I sound like Eisuke? I laugh inwardly.

"Hello Raven, it's been a while." I say smiling softly at her. She is wearing a blood red, thigh high dress that compliments her long black hair. She twirls around to see me and gives me a Cheshire cat smile her hazel eyes filled with happiness.

"Violet! It's been forever, I missed you so much!" throwing her arms around me.

"I know, I'm very sorry I missed France. I bet it was beautiful!" I smiled and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my head.

"Not as beautiful as the sight that stands before me." A tall man interrupts. He has mahogany, brown hair and piercing blue eyes. He was smiling down at us, looking with interest at both Raven and I.

"Thank you, Ryan. My friend you are so intently watching-" subtle Raven, "- is Violet Ichinomiya, a very good friend of mine. Violet this is Ryan Golding!" Much to my surprise she leaves us then and I am stuck talking to the very tall Ryan.

"Hello, Ryan Golding. You are very tall." I say, then feeling embarrassed.

He chuckles, a lovely bubbly sound and says, "Well maybe you're just short."

"I AM slightly short, 5"5. But you're ridiculously tall." I say lightly laughing at him, gazing up.

"Well, this just isn't going to work," he says winking at me," with me being too tall and you being short, how could we ever meet in the middle."

"I would have to get 6 inch heels to meet you in the middle!" I laugh at him and he chuckles back.

However I notice the CEO of Sano walking towards the champagne tray and excuse myself from Ryan to greet him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time goes on and the party continues. I am making small talk with a friend of Soryu's from the Vipers mafia group, and find myself beginning to crave cheesy puffs. I settle for the food on display, when Ryan returns to my side. Before long we were talking like old friends, laughing and playfully hitting one another. My fringe came loose while I was laughing, Ryan pulled it back touching my bare neck and making me shiver slightly.

Suddenly, I am facing the back of a black suit and I here shouting. I go around the black wall to find...Eisuke! My inner goddess falls of her chair. He and Ryan were arguing badly spitting words and making threats.

"Eisuke what's wrong?!" I shout to get his attention. He replies in silence, scowling at me with cold eyes.

"Don't look at her like that! What has she done to you, asshole!" Ryan roars, protecting me.

"Says the man buttering her up when he realises she is without me" Eisuke resorts.

"That's enough, you realise you look like fools. Ryan I'm sorry can you please step away for a moment?" I plead. Ryan accepts my decision and exits the dinner lounge.

"What, what are you doing Eisuke?"

"This is my hotel, Violet."

"I understand that Eisuke, but I was having a lovely conversation with-"

"That is Ryan Golding. He is CEO of Golding Industries, one of the Ichinomiya Groups rivals." Eisuke growls.

"I understand that but-"

"You will not disobey me Violet, my child will not be subjected to the likes of Golding, that is betrayal of our family name." Eisuke demands.

I laugh out loud then, " I will not disobey you? Eisuke I am not your object. I will not be treated as such, now I am going to return to Ryan's side and continue my conversation. Goodbye."

Before I realise, I am floating in the air.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?" I scream.

"Not allowing my wife to socialise with people who are below her brilliance." he resorts and brings me out of the party.