Seperated Skies

*Edited*

Fire

The cold, hard ground seemed stuck to me, taking my freedom from right beneath me. The bitter cold gripped onto my skin like an ice blanket. Thoughts constantly raced around my head, and sleep seemed impossible. The drugs they'd given me just made everything a blur, and simply put off the pain of being alive. This wasn't a life, this was just not dying. I wanted to feel the cold breeze on a winter day, I wanted to feel the sun's warm rays on my face. My face. I had never even seen it. I couldn't remember what existed before this place. For as long as I remembered this had been my home. My "family" were lab-coated sadists who took pleasure in prodding me with icy needles, and torturing me with various experiments to see how and why I was different.

I had never seen, as far as I knew, what the outside world looked like. My mind was my best friend. I pictured escaping this place, running as far as I could. Burning down this lab of terror, and killing every lab-coat in here. Perhaps then their smug looks would disappear from their faces. I dreamt constantly of the day I could be the one causing the pain. Maybe then they would understand my feelings.

I never asked to be this way, it was never a choice.

I looked up from the ground, and stared at the wall directly in front of me. The wall was smothered by my black circular fire burns. They dominated the wall, almost every inch was inhabited by a scorch mark. I shook my hand from it's sleep and twisted my wrist making sure it was awake. Closing my eyes, I pictured warm fire, and allowed the powerful feeling to run through my body, and exit through my hand, creating a ball of fire in my palm. The fire flickered slightly at the cold air, almost fighting it away. As if it knew my next move, it shot towards the same wall and rested upon it.

A bang on the iron door broke me from my own world and brought me back to the cruel reality in which I existed.