Isolated Company

Air

He let out a deep breath focusing his eyes and his hands in front of him. His arms moved swiftly through the calm breeze that danced out of his mouth and around the room. He guided the bursts of air with the tips of his fingers, he forced it through every crack in the wall, and back again. Closing his eyes, he soaked in the air's purity and freedom. He traced the floor with his long fingers and in turn the gust of air followed the same path.

He cleared all the thoughts in his mind and said the same word over and over again in his head, letting the word grow larger, longer and louder. Until finally, the word turned into a command to the wind. The word formed on his lips.

"Attack." The wind seemed to gather up and grow more fierce, his arms pointed towards the iron gate that enclosed him, the wind surged towards it and crashed into it, the impact was minor. The noise was noticeable. His eyes widened, his hands shock and the wind became uncontrollable, his nerves and his inexperience got the better of him. He thought once more to himself that all he needed to do was practise. Time. That's what he had most of. Time to practise.

He sucked the air back into his mouth and swallowed, the breeze was gone. He felt alone again.