Chapter Three

~ Water will drown those who resist the waves, water will knock the ones who try to stand alone, and water will fill those who try to defy it. Water will flood the towns and cities of the ones who hurt us, and water will take back all those who loved us but where taken from us. ~

Chapter Three

Water

The sirens and bells poured mercilessly into my ears, I could feel my head vibrating from lying on the shaking floor. What the fuck was going on?
"Get up! Get up now!" A warm hand touched my shoulder, but the gentle touch was outweighed by the screaming voice. I slowly turned my head, I don't know who I was expecting to see but I guess I was hoping it'd be my mother, maybe she'd found me after all these years. No. Instead I turned and my eyes fell upon a girl. She had olive coloured skin, her hair flowed down to her chest and she wore the same clothes as I did. I thought I was the only one in here. There were more of us? My mind was running away with thoughts. I looked up at her again, the bells seemed to drown out her words. She reached for my arm and hauled me off of the floor.
"Come on, we need to go. The others are waiting outside." She dragged me out of the door and we ran down the hallway. I'd never seen it in all my time here. It looked so desolate and miserable. Sums up my whole life here I guess. I kept running, I forgot my legs were even still carrying me, I'd zoned out again. I was so focused on the walls and what was around me that I hadn't looked down, before I could even stop myself, I'd fallen over a chair that was perched in the middle of the corridor. My head banged against it's metal legs. The room began to spin, then I was drowning in darkness, it felt like I was falling down a black hole and I couldn't seem to reach for the surface... There wasn't a surface... There was just black.

Nothingness.
Emptiness.