chapter 33.

kayla,s pov.

We both rode in silence, this silence wasn't the comfortable one, it was the tense and uneasy one. Throughout, the drive reed never once glanced at me. my heart was breaking by every passing minute. what happened? what went wrong between us, was what i was currently asking myself.

when reed pulled up by the beach
where he gave me the ring, all the memories flowed back from that night,the night where everything between us got more serious, more intimate, the night where this little munchkin was created. My hand went over my stomach as I rubbed it lovingly.

I saw Reed got up and went out of the car, walking towards the beach without waiting for me. I wiped my eyes as some tears came out. I had a bad feeling about this, a very bad feeling.

I walked over by Reed slowly, feeling the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"What did you want to tell me." I whispered looking down. I felt him looking at me.

"We can't do this" he whispered. I immediately shot up my eyes. He averted his and turned around facing his back to me.

"What" I whispered but it was barely even there, I had to strian myself to here my own voice.

"We can't, I can't.......listen princess, to answer your question, yes I do love you but this has to stop, every single one of my enemies is planning to kidnap you so I can carve in, princess falling in love was never meant for a person like me, I knew I was putting up through danger the minute I let you come in, I can't put you through that danger anymore, princess you never saw me as who I am on the battlefield, you only know me as the guy that carves in with just one little pout of yours, the only dominant part you've seen me as, is proberly when I get possessive, f*ck! this is so hard......

Princess, I can't endanger your life anymore, so we can't do this, mark was right I can't have a distraction right now, I need to settle down myself before I can settle down with someone else." He spoke with his back still to me. Tears were flowing from my eyes continuously.

"So I'm a distraction." I said sofly, looking at his back. He spun around and I saw anger in his eyes.

"After all that, that's what you fu*king got out of it!" He yelled. I furiously wiped my tears, how dare he yell at me, when I should be the one shouting at him.

"Well people tend to here the things that hurt the most." I said my anger flaring. What am I going to do, I'm pregnant with his baby, is this the right time to tell him?

"Kayla, can you just act mature for a second here and think practical for once in your life!" He hissed out.

"Ok then, lets act like mature adults, what do you want me to say huh, oh right! I got it, oh well bye Reed Carter it was nice knowing you, I hope you enjoy your life, wait, after this do you want to go get some fu*cking breakfast, cause everything is just fu*king peachy!" I screamed at him covering my mouth with my hand cause I just swore never had I ever swore, i n my whole life, Reed seemed surprised to.

"Look kayla, just stop acting childish and lets do this maturely without all the unnecessary yelling and crying most breakup has." He said casually.

"Are you hearing yourself! I can't believe I actually fell in love with you!" I exclaimed at him.

"Kayla look, after this you're going on a plane, back to your parents, everything is going to back like the way it was, you would no longer be in danger and I'll go back to my ways and then everyone would just think you were just the new flavor for the month even though we've been going out longer than that.....still they'll just think something like that and then you'll be safe again,........ away from me" he said and looked at me in the eyes, his eyes held pain and sadness. My tears blurred my eyesight as I couldn't see him properly now.