19. What A Mess

I want to thank my bestfriend for being part of one of the writers of this story. Anyways, enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gulp as I dry my sweaty palms on my jeans, waiting for the big lecture that Erika has probably already rehearsed in her head.

"I don't know what to say, honestly," she starts. "Leona, do you understand how bad your situation is right now?!" Her volume starts to rise.

"Yes. I don't know. Probably." I stuttered.

She sighs and says, "You missed soundcheck! If you sound bad up there tonight then you know it's only your fault."

"I know, I'm sorry." I felt like a scolded child.

"And care to explain this?!" She shoves her phone in my face and it takes a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the brightness. She, being Erika gets annoyed at my delay and sighs a bit louder.

The screen displayed an article. The photo was taken by one of the paparazzi this morning. 'Harry Wins Girl From 1D vs 5SOS Showdown.'

Fury starts to build up inside me. Now I know why Harry asked me why I wasn't annoyed this morning. The crappy media don't know a crap of what they're talking about! Nobody won anybody! And showdown? I settle with a confused state.

"And this..."

Erika takes her phone from me and looks for another piece of evidence to make me feel even more like shit.

This time, it's a tweet from a 5SOS updates account. 'Wowow she really is a two timing bitch. This girl has messed with the wrong fandom.' Below the caption is a zoomed in picture of Luke with his hand on my shoulder while I have my hand wiping a tear away. It must have been a fan from the line who followed me to the parking lot!

"Do you see the mess you have made?!" Erika provokes.

"Look, Erika. I apologise." I sincerely told her.

It hurt me that the fandom would say that about me. I mean I'm still part of the fam... It's just that I wasn't one of the lucky ones...

A pause fills the air.

"I told you to keep your hands off the band and there you go running around with two!" she yell.

"I wasn't looking for trouble!" I argue back.

She scoffs and rolls her eyes. "And look how that turned out for you."

I was about to counter when her walkie talkie started to call for her.

"I have stuff to attend to. We will continue this after the show," she says sharply.

She clicks her heels away from me, and I am left alone yet again.

I thought that this was going to be a fun experience. Erika makes it so difficult!

I decided to walk myself inside and roam around the arena for a few minutes until I bump into Connor.

I smirk at his OOTD. White shirt, black skinny jeans, clipboard and a walkie talkie around his waist.

"Leona!" He smiles.

"I'm lovin' your outfit today, Con!" I giggle. My frustration slips away as we begin a conversation. A distraction. That is what I need.

"Oh, shut up. It beats yours," he jokes.