Chapter Twelve

The week and a half before the party Louis was running around like crazy. He was having a hard time hiding the party from Harry and Adaley but Jay and Anne were doing an excellent job of distracting the two of them. It was the morning of the party and Anne and Robin made up a story of her and Robin going to visit Harry's grandma. Thankfully Harry bought it. Anne and Jay went down a day early with their husbands to decorate the venue. Louis sat on the couch, furiously texting most of the guests to make sure they knew what time the party started while Harry and Adaley sat across from him working on the homework that Ali assigned her. Louis suddenly looked up as he shoved his phone into his pocket.

"Let's go to London." He said randomly and Harry's head snapped up to give him a look of confusion.

"London? Why?" Harry asked with a frown and Louis shrugged.

"I don't know. I just really want to go to London with you guys. I think it'd be fun." Louis mumbled and Harry shrugged slightly.

"Fine with me. What do you think princess?" Harry asked looking down at the little girl who was trying to solve the difficult problem on her paper. She looked up and smiled at him, nodding her head.

"I'd love to go to London again, Daddy. Maybe we can go on that big Ferris wheel again." She said happily and stood up, climbing onto the couch next to Harry. Louis smiled at the pair and nodded, glancing at the clock.

"Let's get packed then. I'll call and get a hotel room and a rental car while you guys pack. Pack nice clothes too. I want to go out to a nice family dinner at a nice restaurant tonight." Louis murmured and started to dial a number. He looked back up and looked over at the little girl. "Pack that beautiful party dress you got with Nonna and Gamma Jo, okay?" he asked and Adaley nodded, rushing up the stairs. Harry laughed and followed behind her. When Louis was sure they were out of hearing range he pulled out his phone and dialed Liam's number.

"Hey Louis." Liam said and Louis let out a breath.

"Hey. So they bought it. They're packing as we speak. We'll be leaving in an hour." Louis said in a hushed tone. Liam chuckled softly.

"Everything is all set up and all the guests have checked into their rooms. Anne and Jay are both here and they're helping the catering company set everything up. Ashton and Michael just got here and they're setting up for when they perform. The DJ is here and he's getting everything set up." Liam said happily and Louis let out a sigh of relief.

"Does Terrance have everything for the surprise?" Louis asked in a low voice and he smirked when he heard Liam groan.

"Yeah. He can't wait to get his hands on us." Liam muttered begrudgingly. "I really hate you for this, Louis. You're fucking lucky that I love that little girl so much." He grumbled and Louis chuckled, glancing at the stairs and panicking when he heard Harry and Adaley starting to come down the stairs.

"Thank you, ma'am. We'll be there in about four hours. Have a great day." Louis said quickly as Harry and Adaley appeared in the doorway with bags in tow. Louis hung up his phone and stood up, walking over and picking up one of the bags. Harry smiled at him and nodded to the door when they heard a honk. The three walked out to see the vehicle Louis had rented for them and Harry chuckled at the small SUV in front of the house. They walked over and loaded everything up, taking off a few moments later. As they drove Harry looked over at Louis who was concentrating on the road. Louis glanced over at Harry and blushed under his lover's intense stare. He looked back over to the road and moved his hand over, taking Harry's large hand in his smaller one. Adaley looked at the men in the front seat and smiled happily before going back to reading the book she brought along with her. They drove the three plus hour trip in silence with only the radio making a sound. Harry stared out the window deep in thought while Louis watched the road carefully. When they pulled in front of the hotel Harry's jaw dropped.