Chapter 27- This is Real

Hi readers, just wanted to let you know that the initial idea of this chapter is going to be over three chapters I think. It's kind of confusing so please feel free to ask if you have any question. If you like it please vote, comment, fan, share, be more awesome, whatever floats your boat. Please enjoy! Oh yeah and yay for long-ish chapters.

~Elene

**

The days began to slip through my fingers like sand and it felt like it had been a week before I could finally breath again. 

I looked in the mirror, smoothing down my hair. The dinner bell rang and suddenly, a strange feeling came over me.

Déjà vu.

I had seen myself like this before.

In a dream.

My breathing slowed as I thought of the possibility.

I looked the exact same now as I would in the future.

What did that mean?

I heard a noise of something hitting my window and I turned from the mirror.

Without looking, I pulled the curtains shut.

It was James.

Throwing rocks at my window had become an annoying habit of his.

I guess it was my fault because I refused to speak with him.

I opened the door and someone ran up to me.

“Hi, I’m so sorry for my insens-”

“Shut up, James!” he must have run inside when he saw that I wouldn’t pay him any attention.

I stalked off towards the kitchen but he easily kept up…

“I shouldn’t have hit Alex and I know you don’t want to talk to me about it but I really really am sorry please forgive me I-” he finally stopped for a breath, “I got you something.”

“James,” I was exasperated, “I don’t want your presents.”

“But I want you to want them,” he took a step closer and slid something into the pocket of my dress.

“Why though?” I took a weary step back.

He closed the distance yet again, “I know you’re leaving soon.”

“No, I’m not,” I was rattled though, how had he known?

“I’ll see you at the banquet, tonight.”

And he was gone.

I had forgotten about the banquet, embarrassingly enough, even though we had been planning for it for the last week and a half.

One of the main halls had been closed off for the decoration committee.

The cooks had been prepping for almost a month now and the whole school was in an uproar.

And I’d forgotten.

Typical of me to become so involved in Alex to forget about that.

The snow had been falling for the last three nights and it was piled high on the windowsills.

I hadn’t slept well since my dream, instead watching the snow, fall softly at night and thinking of what I would tell Alex if I could only see him again.

I felt in my dress pocket for a collection of notes that I would give him and felt the hard edges of James’ gift.

I ripped my hand from my pocket and quickly walked into the smaller halls where we were now having all our meals.