Ch.5 Wild ride

Marc, Farkle, and Maya stopped at the cafe where they were hoping to find the person who accidentally took Maya's purse.

"Ok" Farkle said as they got off the motorcycle "It's almost 13:30, we should be able to get your purse back".

"And my stuff better be in there" Maya said.

"Hey you guys wait here" Marc said "I have to go use the toilet".

He then went inside the cafe as Maya and Farkle waited outside.

"You think we'll find the person who took my purse?" Maya asked.

"I'm sure of it" he said.

Just then Farkle spotted a man who just sat down at a table as he looked around the cafe as if he was looking for someone.

"Hey" Farkle said to Maya as he pointed to the man "That must be Pierre".

Maya looked at a clock inside the cafe "It's a minute pass 13:30, so it must be him, but I don't see my purse".

"Well maybe he can help us find it, come on" Farkle said as they went up to him.

"Excusez-moi" Farkle said to him "Are you Pierre?"

"Oui" he said.

"Well Pierre" Maya said "We'd like to make an exchange".

"I was expecting a women" he said as he got up.

"Yeah it's kinda a long story".

"All right then" he smiled "Give me the money" he whispered as he held out his hand.

"Whoa whoa" Maya said as she and Farkle held up their hands in defense "We don't have any money".

"We thought Marc was gonna pay for lunch" Farkle said.

"But uh" Maya said as she reached into the purse and pulled out a coupon "Here's a coupon for a free foot massage".

"Stop playing games" Pierre growled "And give me the money, or things are gonna turn bad".

Farkle and Maya felt their heart pumping faster with fear, they were at a meeting with a mugger!

"Uh, just take the purse" Maya handed him the purse "But please don't hurt us".

"I don't want a purse like that, what man has a purse like that?"

"He's got a point" Farkle told Maya.

"You know what?" Pierre said "Very clever to bring the painting to the Hotel Mondial, but now, you will take me to it".

"Ok ok let me just get out the map" Maya said as she reached into the purse.

"Hurry up!" Pierre whispered in an angry tone.

At that point Maya pulled out a compact powder and blew it in his face blinding him as she grabbed Farkle's arms and pulled him away from Pierre as he brushed the powder away. As Maya and Farkle ran, Farkle went to a lady at a table.

"Are you gonna finish that?" he pointed to her muffin "Thanks" he said as he took the muffin and continued running.

They then reached the motorcycle.

"Get on" Maya said as she got on the motorcycle.

"Maya you don't even know how to rise this!" Farkle said with a worried look.

"I've seen how Marc did it so I'm pretty sure I can do it, now get on".

"Um-".

"Stop!" he turned and saw Pierre running towards them.

"Oh boy" Farkle sighed as he got on behind Maya as she started the engine and they went off.

"Hey this isn't so hard" Maya said as they rode through the streets.

At that point Marc had just returned from the restroom, but he saw that Maya and Farkle were gone.

"Maya?" he called "Farkle?"

He then noticed that the motorcycle was gone.

"Oh no" he groaned as he pulled out his phone and started to call Farkle.

On the motorcycle, Farkle heard his phone ring so he carefully pulled it out and answered it.

"Hey Marc" he said.

"Where are you guys?" Marc asked.

"Uh, we're in a bit of a situation here".

Farkle then turned around and was shocked to see Pierre on a motorcycle coming after them!

"Maya drive faster he's after us!" he yelled.

"On it!" she said as she drove ahead away from Pierre.

"Farkle what's going on?" Marc asked with a nervous look.

"Look Marc, I'd love to explain, but Maya and I are in a big situation right now and I don't have time to talk, I'll try to call you back".

"Farkle-".

But Farkle hung up before Marc could continue.

"Get back here!" Pierre yelled.

"Maya he's gaining on us!" Farkle gasped.

"Well then it looks like I'm gonna have to go a little faster" she said with a sneaky grin "Hang on to your seat, cause this is gonna be a wild ride".

"Oh oh" Farkle thought as she pushed the gas as hard as she could and they zoomed straight pass the streets with cars honking at them.

"Sorry!" Maya yelled "We're trying to escape here!"

Farkle turned around and saw that Pierre was still catching up to them!

"He's still gaining on us!" he yelled.

"Then it looks like we're gonna have to loose him" Maya said as she turned around a corner nearly crashing into a car as she rode down the street.

But Pierre was still catching up to them. Maya then looked ahead and saw that they were heading towards a pond, this gave her an idea. She drove towards the pond with Pierre behind them. She waited till they were close enough and then she made a sharp turn avoiding the pond, but Pierre didn't have time to make a turn as he fell out of the streets and into the pond with a splash. Maya and Farkle couldn't help but laugh as Pierre got up in the pond.

"That should keep him away from us for a while" Maya said as they drove away.

Pierre grunted as he got out of the pond soaking wet and watched as Maya and Farkle drove away.

He gave a mad look as he went to the motorcycle that had fallen on the ground and reached into his backpack that had fallen out of the motorcycle and pulled out his phone and began to call someone.

"Hey it's me" he said "Yeah I had the money but I lost it to these American teens who escaped when I tried to get the money. What happened to Valerie? I thought she was suppose to give me the money. Uh-huh. Yeah I'll look for them, cause I'm not letting them call the police on us".