Strange things

Aphmau's pov

He smirked and took a step forward. My back hit against the wall and he pushed the palm of his hands on the wall behind me trapping me. "S-stop." I tried to push him away but he got closer. My heart beat increased and my face grew hot. Zane smirked and moved away. "Huh?" He backed away and said "I didn't kill them if that's what you think but, this will be interesting.

I looked at him confused and he walked out of the room. I put my hand to my chest and let out a breath of relief. I heard the door lock and I sat in the chair next to the window. I sighed and said "Garroth I miss you." I stared out of the window and silently cried. I ended up falling asleep and when I looked up I saw it was dark in the room and outside. I heard the door creak open and I quickly looked over.

I saw a man standing there. The moon reflected off his face and I saw it was Jeffery. I looked at him in surprise and he looked scared. "Jeffrey?" I stood up and he closed the door. I felt the remaining tears in my eyes and I wiped them away. When I moved my hands from my eyes this scared me half to death. My hands were jet black and I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

Half of my face and body was jet black and my eye turned purple. I took a step back and my elbow hit a vase and it fell to the ground. I looked down but then looked back at my reflection and the jet blackness of my skin was gone. I looked away thinking it was just my imagination but whenever I would close my eyes I would see that scary look of my skin.

Garroth's pov

Laurence let me leave the guard tower and I looked at the sky. The stars shone so bright and I remembered the days when Aphmau and I would just look up and talk. I missed those days and what hurt the most was that I told Aphmau I would protect her but......something always stops me from doing that. For some reason I felt the same stinging pain that I felt in my chest when the poison went through my blood.

I put my hand to the scar and took a deep breath. I started to feel hot and I felt something running down my hand. I looked down at my hand and it was covered in blood. "Gaa!" It startled me and I had tripped over a log. I hadn't noticed that I walked out of Phoenix Drop and was in the woods. I rolled down a hill and rolled next to a stream.

My eyes were closed and I couldn't open the up. I let myself drift off to sleep and I didn't awake until I felt a hot beam of sunlight shine on my face. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the earth below me. I remembered what happened and I jumped up. I looked at my hand and it was fine, no blood, just a couple of scratches and bruises. I let out a breath of relief and looked at the water.

I sat down at the waters edge and looked at my reflection. "Why did I lose Aphmau?" I asked myself and let out an irritated breath. I stared at my reflection for who knows how long. I punched the water and my reflection rippled, I dunked my head into the water and pulled it strait out. The cold river water ran down my face and I wiped away the water droplets.