Chapter 14

Denae POV:

It's been a week since I had that talk with my bro. She really helped me understand that I need to sit down with Chelsea and hear her out. I thought I would see her at the office but I guess she's on some type of vacation. I tried contacting her but I got nothing. I don't know when she's coming back or even where she went. I just hope that she's alright.

So my birthday is in a few days and I have no idea what I'm going to do. I know I'm going to be drunk as hell all weekend. I was thinking about checking out that new LGBT club that I've been hearing about. The grand opening is Friday so why not slide through. I'll see if Tee can get away from the misses so she can chill with me. I might even hit up Taylor to see if she'd want to come out too. Matter of fact, I'll do that now while I'm thinking about it:

T: Hello?
D: Wassup Tay. This Dee.
T: Hey bro. Nun. Chillin. You?
D: Just sittin here thinkin about my turn up this weekend. Shit bout to be lit.
T: Word? Cool. What you got in mind?
D: Well I was thinking of hittin up this new LGBT club Friday for its grand opening. You tryna slide wit us?
T: Man that's my club opening. Hell yea I'll be in there.
D: Oh shit. Forreal? Well then we definitely there.
T: Alright. I'll see you Friday then.
D: Cool.

Wow. I didn't know my lil nigga was out here making moves like that. Looks like somebody was putting that college education to work. I think I'll wear all Black Friday night. I'll hit my man up for a retwist and a shape up Friday morning. Right now, I have some files to finish up at the office then I'm going to see if I can find a few things for Friday night.

After a long day of work and shopping, I finally get to the house where I can take a shower and relax. I go upstairs and I see that I have a voicemail. I press play:

" Hello baby. I know you haven't been able to reach me for a couple days. I called your house because I didn't want you to answer and I knew you'd still be at the office. I promise I'll answer all your questions if you meet me at Xen Lounge tomorrow at 8pm. If you don't show up then I'll understand. I love you Denae. Make sure you never forget that."

Damn. I wasn't expecting that. I sat at the foot of my bed and just began to think. Do I want to go meet her? What am I saying! Of course I want to go meet her. I've been missing her like crazy. Not having her in my life just isn't how I planned on spending the rest of my life. We have to make things right.

Chanel POV:

Last night was amazing. I mean sex with Gia is always amazing but last night, something was definitely different.

This morning, the sun was shining and the birds were chirping. I woke up to Gia missing. Hmm. Maybe she went to get breakfast or something. I knew she hadn't cooked it because I've never seen Gia pick up a pot or pan since I've known her. I felt my head and noticed that I forgot to wrap my hair up. I attempt to run my hands through it but my left hand gets caught. I free my hand and I almost pass out. I look down and I see a gorgeous engagement ring. "Oh my goodness!" I say as I cover my mouth and my eyes start to fill with tears. I look up and in the doorway stands a smiling Gia. "Gia, what is going on? What is this?" I say, still in shock. "Baby, I know we've had our ups and downs for many years now. I realize that I was foolish back then. All you did was hold me down and in return I showed you nothing but ungratefulness and disrespect. Chanel I'm so sorry for all of that. I now know that you're the only woman I need and the only one I want to spend the rest of my life with. Will you marry me my queen?" she said as tears flowed down her cheeks. I hopped out of bed and into her arms. "Yes baby! Omg yes!" I say as I cry and kiss her lips a million times. She has made me the happiest woman in the world. The only thing I can do at this moment is cry and smile. "Baby, go take a shower and I'm going to pick you an outfit. I have something planned for you this morning my love." she said as she put me down on the bed. I nodded my head and stripped as I walked to the bathroom. I knew she was watching because she loves all this ass. She tells me every night.