One

Paul sat at his desk in his office, his head resting on his hand. He was nonchalantly tapping his pen against his desk, hearing the sound echo around his empty Cavendish Avenue home. When he and Linda had divorced last year, it was subtle, but she decided to take the kids. Paul saw them occasionally, but most of the time he was alone or with other musicians. Trying to find some sort of inspiration for a new song, Paul started humming random tunes that came to his mind. He soon found himself humming one of his own, Temporary Secretary. After humming for a while, he began to sing the lyrics.

Mister Marks Can You Find For Me
Someone Strong And Sweet Fitting On My Knee
She Can Keep Her Job If She Gets It Wrong
Ah, But Mister Marks I Won't Need Her Long
All I Need Is Help For A Little While
We Can Take Dictation And Learn To Smile
And A Temporary Secretary Is What I Need For To Do The Job.

Suddenly, Paul had a better idea.

"That's it!" He exclaimed to no one. He immediately picked up his phone and dialed the number for his good friend, Mister Marks. The phone rang several times until a voice came over the other line.

"Hello, Mister Marks speaking."

"Mister Marks." Paul spoke seriously.

"Paul! What can I do for you this fine day?"

"This may seem strange, however, can you find for me someone strong and sweet?"

"Will you be needing her long?" Paul could almost sense Mister Marks' smirk as he knew where this conversation would be going.

"Just for a little while." Paul smirked through his words.

"Looking for a temporary secretary, Paul?"

"That is what I need for to do the job." Paul was nearly laughing at his request at this point.

"Any specific requests, Paul?"

Paul thought on it for a second, once again tapping his pen on his desk.

I could have a little fun with this, couldn't I? What would be the harm? Paul thought to himself.

"Mister Marks, make her young, around 19 or 20 will do."

"That all, Paul?"

"Make sure she's beautiful, too." Paul added.

"Will do, Paul. When should I send her over?"

Today was Wednesday. Paul needed a day to prepare for her arrival. Maybe lay out some work she could do.

"How does Friday sound?" Paul asked.

"That works perfectly." Mister Marks responded on the other end.

"Oh, and Mister Marks?"

"Yes?"

"Make sure she knows she will be staying here at my home."

"Are you sure about that, Paul?"

"Absolutely. Thank you, Mister Marks."

"Of course."

Paul placed the phone back on his desk and relaxed into his chair.

"A temporary secretary..." Paul spoke to himself.

Paul smiled at what he had done and went off to prepare his home for the arrival of his temporary secretary; however temporary she may be.