Chapter 4

I walked along the beach as I thought about what all had happened today. It had been one hades of a day.

I was scared about what happened with Nico. Even if he was my cousin, I felt vulnerable crying in front of him. After all, I am the big savior everyone looks up to. I am suppose to be strong for them.

I continued walking around the beach, trying to collect my thoughts. I was done being sad over Annabeth. I didn't want to be sad. 

But that was far easier said than done.

I sat down on the sand as I looked up at the moon above the ocean. I thought that after everything we went through, we could make it through anything. I understand why she is so scared but that doesn't make it any less painful.

I covered my face as I felt the tears began to fall. I just hurt so much. The worst part was that I couldn't even hate her for the pain I am in right now. I can't hate her because I still love her. 

The waves began to pick up slowly. It suddenly started raining too. The weather continued to get rougher until there was a small storm on the beach. I watched as the naiads tried to take cover under the water.

The sea was reacting to my stress but I couldn't figure out how to stop it. It was like the sea was upset to see me hurting.

"Percy!" I heard a voice yelled. "Percy what are you doing!"

I whipped my tear stained face around to see Jason running towards me.

 The sea storm was steadily growing, it was almost to the cabins now. The storm only added to my distress, making it worse.

I pushed him when he got close to me. I didn't want to hurt him

With a deep breath he used his power of winds to push me towards him. He wrapped himself around me, pinning my arms to my body.

"What are you doing?" he yelled over the sound of the harsh rain and wind.

"I can't stop it!" I screamed. "It's feeding off my emotions and I don't know how to make it stop!"

"Percy," Jason said. "We can't let this storm reach the cabins. If you were unconscious would it stop?"

"I don't know," I answered honestly. "But it's worth a shot. I wouldn't forgive myself if I hurt someone."

Jason breathed in, calming himself. Without saying anything else, a huge arc of lighting came from the sky, hitting us both head on.

I felt myself drop, face first into the sand. I couldn't open my eyes. I felt as if I was paralyzed, only half awake.

The storm instantly quite and everything went back to being silent. I finally managed to open my eyes, only to see Jason standing above me with an unreadable expression.

Suddenly Nico walked out of the shadows next to Jason.

"What happened?" He asked as he knelt down in front of me.

"I don't know." he answered truthfully. "I heard something outside and when I came out here he was in the middle of a storm. He said he couldn't stop it so I had to use...other methods."

Nico jumped up. "What!? What did you do to him?"

"Relax. I just gave him a little shock."

Nico looked furious. "Percy almost bled to death this morning! You could have hurt him even more."

I closed my eyes as I internally flinched as his words. I didn't want anyone else to know.

Jason watched in shock as Nico bent down and unwrapped a bandage on my arm that he hadn't seen. Under it was a deep cut that was having trouble healing.

"Nico? Did-did he..?" Jason shuddered.

"No," he whispered.

"Then what!" Jason looked so confused. 

Nico down up at me as he was re-wrapping the bandage. "Because Annabeth broke up with him this morning.  He got mad, punched some glass, it was an accident.  That's all he told me. He has had enough to deal with and now he has a broken heart."

Jason stayed silent before he bent down to pick me up. 

"Where are we taking him?" Jason asked Nico.

"To his cabin. I don't think anyone else saw what happened so there is no reason to make them wonder." He stated.

We walked back to cabin three in silence as he carried me. I didn't think either of them realized I was semi-conscious.

"Nico?"

He snapped out of his thoughts as looked up at him. "Yes?"

"I think we should stay here tonight. I don't want him to be alone while he's hurting." Jason said.

"Yeah okay." He said quietly.

"And I was suppose to find you. Hazel wanted me to tell you that she went back to Camp Jupiter. Frank needed to go back and she didn't want to leave him. She said she loves you."

Nico gave only a nod in response. I let my eyes fall shut as we neared my cabin

When we arrived at my cabin, Jason put me on my bed and turned to Nico. "What's wrong? And don't tell me nothing."

He sighed. "I'm worried about him. I know what it feels like. I've...I've been through it before and I don't want him feeling like that."

Jason nodded but I could still feel Nico's eyes on me. "That's not all of it is it?"

He shook his head. "That look it his eyes, I knew what it was. I had the same look when I thought it was Percy's fault that Bianca died. It's his fatal flaw Jason. Its crushing him."

"What!?" Jason choked out. "Is he...is he going to be okay?"

Nico began to look really worried. "That's the thing. I don't know."

 Vote. Comment. Share.

*Edited January 7, 2018*