Chapter 10

Darkness. That's all I saw as I stepped through the portal. A swirling mass of extreme darkness. I tried lighting a fire in my hand but it seemed as if the black would not allow it. I finally gave up and let the darkness take me, and as soon as I did, I was somewhere else.

I was projected from the portal and onto a...wooden floor? I slowly stood up as I lifted my hand to  make sure that my hood stayed on. All around me were people. Or at least what could be considered people. 

Most of them resembled a human, they had the same figure, just different features. All of them had different skin colors, some had horns or maybe an extra arm or two. The funny thing is though that there were none that had the same, or even remotely the same, skin as me. They all seemed to have a neon color or some other that a normal natural tone. Some glanced up when I came through but none of them seemed alarmed that a man came through a portal. I wonder if that's normal here.

I seemed to be in what was some type of bar. There was no way I was still on Earth but it surprised me at how alike it seemed to be. There were people, that's what I'm going to call them anyway, at a bar being served drinks, some were playing games and others were just talking. They were speaking english so I could understand some of it but I could not place all of the terms they were using. 

I slowly walked forward. As I began to make my way to the bar area all eyes turned to me, more than two belonging to some. I looked around for threats as I walked. I was the only human and the had to be a reason for that. If the gods knew about this place, they probably didn't tell anyone. That means I am one of a kind. I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing but I wasn't planning on telling anyone I am human. I didn't know who to trust. I won't use my real name either. If the gods do know about this I do not want to be found.

"Who are you?" one of the larger men asked. He had blood red skin and what seemed to be black tattoos all over his upper body and arms.

"Nobody," I answered, my hostial voice making them all jump and look towards me in malice. 

"What are you?" It asked again.

"I already told you. Why should I tell you my name," I replied. "I would just like to know where I am."

Some of them began laugh why others looked at my in curiosity or suspension. "Why would you come somewhere that you do not know of young one?" A kinder voice asked. I looked up to see a man that could be the age of my mother.

"I am new to space travel." I said slowly.  "This is the first time I have left my home and I am not sure how I got here."

They all began laughing again at my cluelessness except the one who asked the question. I was beginning to get angry. I still have some anger issues left over from my depressed time that I have yet to get over. Let's just say you didn't want to make me angry. I was much more powerful than I used to be.

I finally snapped at the brute who asked the first question. "Hold that tongue of yours before I make you. I don't appreciate you laughing at me and if you don't stop it won't end well."

Everyone went silent as my words sunk in. He slowly walked to me until he was just inches from me. "So the little boy likes to talk big?" He asked. "You couldn't even make me lose balance. I bet you just hide behind that hood and make threats you can't go through with. How cute."

I glared at him as I stood facing him. "And what makes you think you are better than me or anyone else in here? Is it just because you are the biggest? Well let me give you a hint. Muscle doesn't fix stupid."

There were a couple dozen snickers that went around the room. The kind man looked to me in worry. I will my hood to show him just enough so he could see my smile. I heard him gasp as I turned back to the one in front of me. 

"Do you want me to kill you?" he asked incredulously. "I'm not afraid to hurt a kid."

"If that is what you want. I am not to worried about fighting you." I replied. And I really wasn't. I may not know what kind of trying this thing had but I knew I could keep my own in a fight.

 I have been training nonstop for years. In my dark time I did more bad things than I wanted to admit, achieved things I will not talk about. I gained powers in my travels from different beings. I was taught how to harness it. I even had some gods mentor me. I have fought in wars and won the most impossible battles. I have been through hell and back.

Word Count: 931

Sorry that it is slightly shorter. At least I updated so soon. I am trying to get better at updating more often. Comment your thoughts please, I really like when you guys comment. Do you like it?

Vote. Comment. Share.

*Edited January 7, 2018*