Chapter 16

I stumbled out of the portal, still not completely used to the feeling. I had just enough time to look up before I felt the spear pressed tightly against my throat. I looked at the woman who had beautiful golden armor, and for the most looked human.

"Don't move trespasser." She said, in a low, deadly voice that let me know she was not one to mess with.

I froze, but I continued to let my eyes roam. I wasn't sure what kind of trouble I had gotten myself into this time. The roam itself was also beautiful. The floor was unmistakably very valuable marble, while the walls looked to be a normally polished stone. It was like a castle.

My head turned as I heard another voice directed towards me. "Who are you? What are you doing here?"

I paused for a moment, glancing down at the sharp spear that was still at my throat. "I wasn't particularly looking for this place. I just jumped through a random portal and this is where I ended up."

"Then you are even more stupid than we first thought." The woman stated. "You will regret this mistake, man. Wait until our king hears about someone entering his castle's portal without permission."

I wasn't too sure where I was, and from there non-friendly attitudes, I'd say asking wouldn't do much good. I wasn't worried too much about getting hurt. I could hold my own in a fight. But I didn't know how to use my new godly powers yet and I had no clue what kind of powers these people had either. Annabeth taught me better than to go into a fight with that little knowledge.

"Take him to the cells until our king has time to see him, Cherise." The man said.

I was quickly jerked up and suddenly my hands snapped together. I got a bad feeling as soon as I felt my powers being restrained.

She gave a quick nod to the other guard before dragging me out of the room. When we reached the hall, her face went slightly pale as dozens of guards ran past her.

"What's going on?" I asked, slightly concerned by the look on her face.

Without thinking, she replied. "A theft."

When she realized that she had answered my question, she jerked me once more and continued in the opposite direction that the others were running.

After a couple minutes of being roughly dragged, we came to a stop in front of a door that had 2 guards posted outside.

"I have an intruder," The woman, who I know knew as Cherise, said, causing the other two to open the door.

The second we stepped in, my stomach sank. It was a dimly lit room. There were cells, all of which were stained in blood, but empty. When we walked to the farthest cell, a golden rope, that seemed to be made only of energy, connected with my hands. The door opened as soon as we got to it. I was shoved into it. I turned back around just in time to see the door close.

"You will be waiting here until the king as time to decide your fate."

My face went slightly pale. While I was now immortal, the thought of possibly having to reform so soon was not comforting. I slowly backed up and then slide down the wall, making a seat on the floor. It seemed to be a good thing that I had no plans.

***

It was what seemed like days but was probably only a few hours, before someone was sent to receive me.

I was told to keep my head down until I was told to look up so that is exactly what I did on the way to see this king. I wasn't scared, but I was highly nervous. The guards here seemed very well trained and the fact that my powers were restrained by whatever force was holding my hands together didn't make me feel any better.