Chapter 5

Third Person POV

After Nico shared his concerns of their cousin's well-being with Jason, Percy had fallen asleep.

It had not been ten minutes before the two demigods heard a voice from the corner of the room.

Nico's head jerked up in surprise as he heard a voice he hadn't heard in a long time, since the war. When he looked towards the direction of said voice, his eyes locked with the god of death.

Nico hurried and bowed in front of him, Jason doing the same.

"Thanos what brings you here?" The death spawn asked wearily.

He stared a moment long before answering. " I have come to warn you by the fates themselves. They know of the boy's condition. Things will change for him." He began to disappear. "The Fates wanted you to know to not interfere. He has a new destiny now. 

They knew you would do everything possible to keep him here. That's why they sent me to tell you not to worry. He will be okay. You will  understand soon enough."

He disappeared completely.

Jason and Nico just knelt there frozen. They were still coming to terms with what Thanos had said. Something was going to happen to Percy. That much was clear. It most of been very important if the Fates themselves sent a god to tell Nico not to interfere.

"What just happened?" Jason asked, still trying to wrap his mind around it.

"I'm not sure but that was a warning a sorts." Nico said standing up. "There is something going to happen to Percy. But apparently he is going to be okay. I don't understand why I needed a warning if he was going to be okay"

Jason just stood there, his gaze traveled from Nico to Percy. "Maybe you wouldn't have known he was going to be okay. Maybe something is going to happen, but everything is going to work itself out. If the Fates have a plan for him, it would be something you'd worry about."

The two glanced at the sleeping demigod.

His eyes had bags under them and his arm was still bandaged. Luckily it was his left arm, meaning he could still sword battle. Even though we will not be letting him out of the camp anytime soon, it is better that he still be able to fight.

Nico was still staring when he started to thrash around a little. Nico and Jason exchanged a glace and then walked closer to Percy. He was having a nightmare. They both knew what to do and grabbed him to hold him still. Jason grabbed his legs as Nico held a hand on each of his shoulders.

His nightmare only seemed to be getting worse and worse. Soon he was full on fighting us. After what seemed like forever, his body went dead still. Jason reached up for a pulse and let out a breath when he found it.

They slowly release him and sat down in the floor. Jason looked at him in pity at the dreams that must be in his head right now. He didn't understand, thought. Nico did. Nico knew exactly what he is going through and he would never wish it on another person. He was reliving his time in Tartarus and gods know going there once is enough to break even the strongest.

Percy's POV
I slowly lifted my eyelids. I felt like I had been struck by lightning. I looked over to see Nico and Jason asleep on my floor.

I slowly sat up, feeling pain at the slightest movement. When I was finally standing up, I leaned against the bed for a moment. I slowly made my way over to the fountain in the corner and stuck my hands in it. The water rushed over my body, giving me little strength but healing me completely.

That was originally what I had went down to the beach for, before the storm hit.

I glanced back at the boys on the floor. They saw me at my weakest. They helped me even when I was a danger. Danger. The gods will not be please about my 'little' storm.

I notice something next to the fountain. It was a silver coin with an owl on it. It was a Athenian coin that Annabeth gave me. I quickly put it back down and went to my dresser. I quietly pulled out a bag and began to put clothes and other items in it.

I can't stay anymore. I didn't know if the gods will allow me to live, or not. Besides, there were too many memories here. As long as I am a mess of emotions, I am danger to everyone.

I can't stay because of the memories with her. I needed to be alone, get all my emotions together. I had never experienced that much lack of control. Not even when Leo died. 

I needed to sort myself out.

So I leave. I leave and I don't look back.

Vote. Comment. Share.

*Edited January 7, 2018*