Chapter 7

I looked around at the gods in the throne room. They all looked up in surprise at the site of me and Artemis.

As much as I didn't want to be here, I knew it was necessary.

 I just stood there, looking. I didn't feel like talking. I just started at the gods. Zeus already seemed pissed off and I hadn't even done anything.

"Child-" Zeus started to rise, bolt in hand.

"Father stop. Leave the boy alone." Said a voice with surprising malice.

Everyone turned with a gasp to look at the god who dared side with a demigod against the King.
They were all taken back when they realized it was Aphrodite who spoke. I looked at her with an empty expression.

Zeus started again "How dare-!"

"Stop!" Aphrodite yelled. "You don't understand! I have felt his pain! The heartbreak he has felt is the worst I have ever known of. I feel his pain. I feel her pain but his is the worst. He wants to hate her but he can't. It's his fatal flaw. It is killing him. He is already dead on the inside because of it. If you would have let us help them, if they hadn't had to of gone through it all..." she broke off.

"The ancient laws-"

"I DON'T GIVE A HADES OF THE LAWS!" She yelled.

Zeus began to grow tired of her interruptions. He started to take action. I decided that I have seen enough.

I stepped forward to Zeus' throne and knelt. "Lady Aphrodite, it is okay. I have learnt to deal with the pain."

She looked at me with a sad expression but I tried to ignore it. "If I may ask, what am I here for." I asked though I knew the answer.

"You lost control of your powers. You could have hurt someone. In your age you have grown too powerful." Zeus growled.

This time it was Poseidon that spoke. "Brother you can't mean-"

"He is to be killed or punished. We have seen what happens when we let our children run free. They rebelled against us, the joined the other side. They become power hungry. You felt his power Poseidon. He has grown stronger and next time you might not be able to stop him."

"If I may," I interrupted. "I would prefer death. Not because it is easier or I fear what your punishment might be, but because I really have nothing to live for anymore. As Lady Aphrodite mentioned, I am in pain. I fought my wars. I think it is time I get my peace."

"We will vote." Zeus declared as all the gods stared at me in awe. "Raise hands for the boy's death."

I looked at them, pleading. To my surprise, many of them complied to my wish. I glanced around as hands went up. Aphrodite, Apollo, Poseidon, Athena, Hades, Hestia, Demeter, and Dionysus. They all gave me pitiful looks. My father looked as if he wanted to cry. I was happy that they all followed my wishes, despite how much it seemed to pain them.

The rest of the gods looked at me in pity too. I didn't know if it was them wanting me to live or them wanting me to be punished that kept them from voting but I couldn't be bothered with caring anymore.

"It has been decided." Zeus said with no emotion. "Perseus Gabriel Jackson, you have been sentenced to death by the gods for acts of uncontrollable power, whether it be purposeful or accidental. Do you have any last words?"

I looked up with hollow eyes. "Remember me, that is all I ask. I am the two time hero of Olympus. Remember me and never forget."

As Zeus raised his master bolt I heard but a whisper on the wind.

"Oh how the mighty have fallen..."

With that I felt a great pain before everything faded into nothingness.

Merry Christmas! Happy holidays! Have a good day! Happy whatever the hell you celebrate!

Vote. Comment. Like.

*Edited January 2, 2017*