Chapter 12

Extinct?  I thought. How is that even possible?

"Come with me," Zen said. He turned around and began to walk out of the bar. He looked back at me to make sure I was following. "Please," he said. "We need to talk and there are too many prying ears here."

"Where are we going?" I asked as I began to walk to him.

"My rent room. I don't live here, I'm just passing through. Much like you are."

I nodded once and followed him outside. I looked around, surprised to see that this plant wasn't much different than my own. There was a yellowish color grass and gravel roads leading to and from many building. There weren't any automobiles or other types of transportation. Many different kinds of people were roaming the street. It was like a little neighborhood. It was quite nice, even if I wasn't a people person.

"We refer to the whole plant as the Passthrough," he said, answering my unasked question. "I am pretty sure that it has a real name. It is spoken in a dead language so everyone just calls it  the Passthrough for obvious reasons."

I nodded my head once more and continued to follow Zen until we reached what looked like an old time saloon. We walked inside to find a surprisingly nice lobby. The outside was very deceiving due to its breaking shingles and cracked windows. The inside was all marble and stainless steel.

We waked past the man at the front desk and up into the stairs. I silently followed. It was then that I first realized that I haven't seen any type of electricity or technology since I first arrived. We walked up to one of many doors and Zen walked in without having to unlock it or anything.

"Aren't you weary of thieves?" I asked.

"As for thieves, I am quite known around here. I am a healer, but I am also a very skilled fighter."

"Why did you invite me into your place of residence if you didn't know me?" I asked. "Was it because you thought you could handle your own in a fight against me?"

"You could say that." He replied. "Or you could be as simple as I knew that you are not a threat. You are a broken soul. But you are also a pure one. I would have never thought that there could be a pure human. But yet here you are. With powers none the less, which is something that I also know humans do not possess."

Will you tell me why you thought humans are extinct?  I asked.

"Yes," a pause. "It is a long tale, so please, take a seat." he said pointing to a set of chairs and a table.

I gave him a question glance as I sat down. Patiently waiting for him t begin.

Word Count: 528

So apparently I had wrote this a while back and never actually posted it. I added a little bit to it but it's still really short but I can't focus enough to make it any longer but here it is. Better than nothing right?

Vote. Comment. Share.

Editied Jan 7, 2018