Chapter 13

I'm bleeding out so if the last thing that I do is bring you down, I'll bleed out for you. So I bare my skin and I count my sins and I close my eyes and I take it in. 

I sat in the chairs that he had previously pointed at as I waited for him to start his story. Zen handed me a glass of water for my scratchy throat that I gladly accepted.

Zen took a deep breath as he began speaking. "It was long ago, no one other that Chaos is sure exactly how long ago, when this universe came into existence. Chaos and his sister Order were said to be the kindest most loving siblings. They were the first, we assume, beings to be here. Everything around us, every item, every person, every plant and being is somehow tied to The Siblings. They are our creators."

I stayed silent. I knew that Chaos was the creator but I was never aware that he has a sister or any siblings at all. I have always assumed that Chaos created the primordials and it all started from there.

I'm bleeding out, I'm bleeding out for you, I'm bleeding out for you.

Zen looked at me to make sure I was still listening. When I gave him a short nod he continued. "They were said to just roam space for millennia, not creating anything, just keeping each other company. After a while they realized just to what extent their powers reached. They began making plants, trying to make the perfect one. They would each make their own and thing help the other fix whatever wasn't working right. After a while they gave up on trying to make the perfect world and began putting beings on their plants. Each plant either worshiped Chaos or Order, but seldom the both of them."

When the day has come that I've lost my way around and the seasons stop and hide beneath the ground. When the sky turns grey and everything is screaming, I will reach inside just to find my heart is beating...

"They decided to make a plant that would run itself. They grew bored and wanted excitement, something different that they hadn't done or seen before. They create a plant and named it Earth. They made beings that had less power than them, but still enough to create the rest of the plant itself. These beings were call primordials. The names of the primordials were lost many millennium ago, as was the plant. But before the plant was destroyed, the primordials bred, a new way for powerful beings to create offspring, the only difference was these offspring resembled their parents in one way or another. Their first set of offspring were called titans."

Oh you tell me to hold on, oh you tell me to hold on. But innocence is gone and what was right is wrong. Cause I'm bleeding out, so if the last thing that I do is bring you down, I'll bleed out for you.

I tugged at my collar as I began to feel uncomfortable. 

"Are you okay child?" The man in front of me asked. I just motioned him to continue and ignored the strange man.

"Okay," he said. "So as I was saying, these titans were "born". They were only slightly less powerful than the primordials, just as the primordials had been to The Siblings. Each titan was given a realm or power to rule over such as time, darkness, the moon, the sun and so on. The details aren't clear on what happened over the centuries but for the most part the stories are known. This is about the time that humans are said to become a factor.

As the humans lived in fear of the titans, the primordials sired new offspring. The giants were their next set of children which were far less develop and mentally stable than their older siblings."

So I bare my skin and I count my sins and I close my eyes and I take it in. I'm bleeding out, I'm bleeding out for you. When the hour is nigh and  hopelessness is sinking in and the wolves all cry to fill the night with hollering...

"I am saying all the unnecessarily giving you more details than needed. I'm sure with you being human you know most of this anyways." Zen fiddled with his hands only glancing up at me for no more for a few seconds at a time. "What was said to happen after was the end of the world. It was said that the two sets of siblings started a war that destroyed the world. That is why no one has heard or even found Earth in a very long time which in turn was reason to believe humans were no longer around."

I sat there staring at him in wonder. He seemed to know an awful lot of our history yet none at all. There were dozens of holes in his story. He didn't know anything about to demigods or even the gods. I'm going to assume if knowledge about the gods isn't common and everyone thinks that humans are extinct, no one knows that there even is such a thing as demigods. I began to feel worse and worse as I tried  to concentrate on what I had just been told. 

I opened my mouth but before I could speak Zen cut me off, "I am so sorry child, but I had to. I hope you'll understand eventually."

Right as he got done speaking dozens of scaly, troll like people barged into the room. I just up in surprise and went to draw my sword but my arm wouldn't move. My whole body sluggishly fell to the ground as arms grabbed my hands from behind. I looked up just in time to see the tears rolling down Zen's face right before everything went black.

When your eyes are red and emptiness is all you know, with the darkness fed, I will be your scarecrow. You tell me to hold on, oh you tell me to hold on. But innocence is gone and what was right is wrong.

Word Count: 1018

Song: Bleeding Out by Imagine Dragons.

I know, once again, I haven't updated in forever but I am a lazy piece of crap who is always tired and never has any free time. Well here is the next chapter. I have decided i will not be publishing chapter with a word count fewer than 1000 (Just for you guys). I want you guys to comment which story you want updated next, and no, it cannot be this one. Check out my other stories and remember,

Vote. Comment. Share.