Chapter Twenty-Three

"Don't push me, Jen," Louis said. His voice was low and menacing.

"Watch me."

She took out all her anger that she had acquired over the past few days in shoving him into a wall. Immediately he reacted, standing up and putting his hands onto her shoulders. He forced her back one, two, three steps before releasing her.

"Touch me again and we will have a problem."

She reached out a hand, obviously about to lay a single finger on his arm, and Louis snatched it, yanking. He used his strength to pull her forward, sidestepping so that she nearly hit the wall.

"Fuck!" she yelped, barely managing to stop her face from going through the wall. "FUCK YOU!"

Nervously the doctor opened the door and slipped out, not wanting to leave the two alone in the room but also needing assistance. Calling for Liam and Niall, she sprinted around the house.

In the office the fight was just getting started.

"How fucking dare you?"

"How dare I what? Outsmart you? Quite simple really - you haven't even started eleventh grade," Louis teased, a glint of steel in his eyes. He was trying to keep his cool and not hurt Jennifer, but each jab she made at him was pushing him closer and closer to the edge.

"You? Outsmart? Aren't you the one that knocked up a girl a few years ago, then took her partying and lost the baby?"

"Stop talking, Jennifer."

"Or wait, what about the guy who dated a girl for four years before realizing that she was only with you for the fame, and the money she was being paid to stop the gay rumours? Is that you?"

"Who fucking told you this?"

"I have a laptop, with internet connection, Lewis," she muttered.

"You need to check your facts."

"You need to check your dickheadedness!"

"You need to watch your language!"

"You need to shut the fuck up!"

"You need to stop fucking whining!"

"You need to stop being such a bitch!"

"Jennifer!"

"Fuckboy!"

"ONE MORE WORD!"
"Word!"

Louis reached up and Jennifer immediately grabbed his wrist, kneeing him in the groin.

"You wanna fight, I'll fight."

In response Louis twisted away, but she pursued him.

"Shut up, orphan!"

"Wannabe John Lennon!"

"You're so bloody selfish!"

"At least I've never crashed a car, failure!"

"At least I've never lost a fight to a twelve year old."

"No, you lose to ten year olds!"

In between insults, the pair were dodging blows, sending punches and trying to pin the other down. The words were now flying back and forth, each line more hurtful than the last.

"You suck, Tomlinson!"

"At least I get some!"

"Are you a fucking gay or something?"

"Is there anything wrong with that?"

"No, why don't you go have a massive gay orgy with your gay friends in your fucking lesbian boyband!"

"Why don't you fuck off and find someone who actually wants you."

"Or you can go fuck yourself," Jennifer suggested. She was now beginning to get hurt by Louis' comments, and he saw that.

Hoping to avoid losing all control and damaging his relationship with the girls, Louis pushed his way out from where she had him trapped in a corner and tried to storm out the door.

Jennifer wouldn't let him go, didn't know how to not win or go down trying, and launched herself from the position she gained on the desk, landing on Louis' back. Digging an elbow into his neck, she forced him to flip her onto her back.

Having completely lost all sense of being a human, Jennifer arched her back and spat in his face, using her knee to get him on the inside of his thigh. He wiped it away with his hand and death glared Jeni, holding her down with one warning hand. Filled with a rage and terror, she sank her teeth into his hand and flipped onto her knees, where she struggled up. Lifting a chair, she tried to break it over his head, but he managed to intercept it and threw it, smashing the study window.

Jennifer turned to him, shocked, as they both heard footsteps tumbling down the stairs. Jennifer couldn't let things end with Louis' displaying his strength, and smiled a wicked smile.

"At least my mother wasn't a slut, and at least I'm not the shitty older sibling that isn't even ever around."

"At least my parents want me!" Louis screamed. He had lost control, and shoved Jennifer with his strength. Both were sweating, unable to grab a full breath. As she scrambled to her feet, Louis couldn't stop himself. Harry, Jasmine, Liam, Zayn, Niall and Dr Hallie burst in as he said his final words.

"At least I have parents, and at least people would care if I disappeared," Louis yelled. Liam, Niall and Zayn surrounded him, forcing him to turn around and march out of the room.

"At least, and this is something you would know nothing about Jennifer - at least I matter!"

The second that Liam clapped his hand over Louis' mouth, Louis visibly deflated, sinking slightly into his friends.

Harry turned to Jennifer, who practically fainted in his arms. As he held her tight, supporting her weight, stroking her hair, he knew just how much she was hurting. Jasmine disappeared as her sister began shaking, the adrenaline leaving her body as the tears appeared.

There she lay, collapsed against Harry's strong body, shaking with sobs as she finally, finally let all her walls come down. She had finally trusted somebody, put her faith in him, and he had lost his cool with her and broken her heart.

Just like she expected.

Just like she had become used to.

Just

Like

Always.

A/N: *long annoyed groan* I JUST WANT TO PUT THEM IN SCHOOL BECAUSE I HAVE IDEAS