Chapter 22 ***

Hi guys! I'm so sorry I didn't get that last chapter done for like 5 days 😅 I'm working on playing guitar and I've had a billion tests in school this week. I hope this one makes up for the wait 💛

Andy puts both the guitars in the backseat of our rental car, leaning up against one another. I climb into the passenger door as he ducks into the driver side. We drive for a while until we hit a large meadow far away from Coachella and its large stoner and "basic" white girl population. Andy covers my eyes and tells me to stay in the car for a minute. He scurries around for a minute, and tells me I can look now. I uncover my eyes and see a checkered blanket laid under a tree with two guitars and a small basket on top.
Andy looks eager like a young child on Christmas as he boisterously asks me what I think. "It's perfect... Truly, Andy! Where do you get these ideas, my thoughtful Irishman?" He shrugs cheerily and plops down on the blanket and parts the spot beside him for me to sit. He is grinning with a slight hint of a smirk when I peek in his direction. He gestures towards an unfamiliar guitar case.
Andy smiles, "Open it up, Alice!" I shakily unclip all three fasteners and open the case. A rather loud gasp escapes me when I see the absolutely beautiful Blue Gibson Memphis electric guitar inside. "Andy... Oh my god..." He takes up my left hand. "The blue reminded me of the first time I met you. Your eyes are the most lovely shade of blue, they're most intriguing, honey."
I glance back at the guitar and don't notice Andy pulling a small ring and box out of his pocket. He slips it onto my left ring finger. Reality sets back in and I widen my eyes at the dazzlingly simple ring on my hand. Andy is meekly smiling at me. "It's beautiful, baby." He blinks once, before asking me a question I couldn't have expected in a million years.
"Alice, will you make me the most happy man alive and... go to a jam session with me?" Oh my god that Andy! He scared the living daylights out of me with that question! Wiping a laughing tear off my face, I nod, still recovering from the five minute giggle I just shared with Andy. "Absolutely, baby! Thank you so much for this. It is truly magical and I couldn't ask for a more kind boyfriend."
I pick the guitar up, and it's really heavy compared to my usual Fender or Alvarez. "This is gorgeous, oh my god." Andy chuckles as he picks up his own Gibson, the sparkly black and white one. "We can eat before we go to play, if you want." I grin, running to grab my purse from the car. I pull out several snacks I have brought, and chuck them to the middle of the blanket. "Where are those from, Alice?"
I shrug. "My purse? Wicklow? Both?" He grins. As we open some goldfish crackers, Andy looks up at the sky dreamily. "Alice... What would you say if had asked you to marry me?" I smile. "Yes! 100% yes!" Andy raises a fist into the air and mouths 'yes' when he thinks I'm looking away. He looks for a ponytail holder on his wrist, but upon finding none, he shyly asks me for one. "Do you happen to have a... Ehm rubber band?" I nod, and roll up a flannel sleeve and grab one of several and hand it to Andy.
      He thanks me and takes up a fistful of his mane and puts it in a man bun. I fangirl internally and he looks over at me once he's done. "Now I can see your beautiful face." I smile and hug him. We gather up everything: three guitars, one blanket and several snack wrappers. Andy climbs into the car and he heads down a really pretty country road.
The drive reminds me of Wicklow actually. It's really nice to be away from big crowds and constantly being approached my fans. I mean, actually having fans is super cool! But when you can't even drink a freaking cup of tea in peace, it gets verrrrrryy old. Andy pulls the car into then driveway of an intriguing ancient house. There are several cars parked in the driveway and I can hear really loud music coming from inside the house.
Andy steps out of the car and grabs his acoustic guitar and my old Alvarez. He covers up my Gibson with a blanket, and we start toward the house. Andy cautiously knocks on the door. A drunk man opens up, swinging a large cup of vodka. "WELCOME TO THUH HOUSE PARTY. YOU CAN LEAVE THOSE OUTSIDE." He gestures toward the guitars. Andy smiles apologetically. "Ehm... We can put them in the car." As we walk to the car, I tug Andy's sleeve. "Are you sure we should go inside? This seems a little dangerous."
He looks over at me. "I assumed this was going to be a few bands just jamming out for a bit, but it's clearly much different than what I was told it would be." I set my guitar on the seat of the car against Andy's and ponder going in or not.
"Alice, if you don't want to go in, we don't have to." I nod. "Do you want to go in? If you want to, I will." He peeks at his watch and it's 8:00 PM. With a shrug, he shakes his head. "Naw. We needn't go into a situation that could mess things up for us." I relax a little. Thank god. Both our car doors unlock and we get in. Andy starts the car quickly and turns on the radio right away.
      Andy jumps as he hears his own voice belting 'Someone New' on Alt Nation. I high five him happily. This is the song that brought us together in the first place... Andy's drumming his fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of the song. He looks very tired after this most exhausting, long day. Andy drives to our hotel. I happily take up my (two!) guitars up to our hotel room.
      I sit on the bed with my new Gibson guitar and stroke it like a genie lamp. Andy sees this and starts laughing. He yells over: "You're treating it like your first-born child!" As he trips over his Doc Martens that were left in the doorway. Andy gets up, dusting himself off. "I have the grace of a newly-born giraffe."
      Andy takes off his flannel and jacket on top, and goes to find pajamas. He snuffles through his luggage for a solid couple of minutes before finding a suitable pair. He pulls them on and crawls into his bed. I reluctantly put down my new guitar, now named "Gibby" by Andrew. "Alice, I know you want to, but you can't sleep with your guitar." After taking out his man bun, he adds, "That thing rivals me for the spot as your boyfriend!"
      I take out both contacts, and not watching, I turn around and smack into Andy, who has gotten up and is standing in the doorway of the bathroom. I blush stupidly. "Sorry, baby. I can literally see nothing right now." He chuckles and hands me my glasses. I thank him and hop into bed. He picks up the remote and turns the channel to Palladia, where most big concerts are aired. He makes a mock-shocked face when he sees himself on the tv screen.
I giggle as the Andrew on TV keeps looking at me and the fans get super confused. He glances over at me. "What? You had me scared back there!" He jokingly exclaims, defending himself. We watch a few songs, then go to bed, pretending we're old people, because it's only 9:30. I haven't went to bed this early in a month.
We're leaving for Tempe, Arizona today. Andy gathers up all of his stuff as I do the same thing. I softy sing Andy's old song called 'Blood' as I put everything in my bag. Andrew drops what he's doing and looks at me, surprised. "Alice! You know that old song?" I nod shyly. He grins and kisses the top of my head.
The band is waiting around the bus when we go downstairs. Andrew has put his guitar in the tour bus now, and offers to take my Alvarez and do the same with it. I gladly let him, as my hands are full. With that, I put my luggage in and take Gibby with me into the bus. Andy is telling the band about how I "want to marry the guitar instead of him." I fake-pout at him. "Gibby doesn't make fun of me, though." He smiles. "Touché."