Chapter 6

"I'm not gay!" Ashton retorts. "So, yeah, I did have feelings for Michael for a short while there, but I'm still not gay!"

"Wait..." Luke says, looking up through tears. "You had feelings for Mike? No way! I knew it! I knew Mashton was real! #Mashton_shipper!"

"No, you can't do that. That was twelve years ago when we met. I was fifteen. Now I'm twenty seven and I run an in-home daycare."

"Why can't I do that?"

"Because then I could post on Instagram, #Cake_Shipper. #Take_my_Cake."

"No!" Luke wipes away his tears and meets his standing point to match Ashton's. "You know I hate him. He dropped us. He- he's the reason the band split up."

Ashton met Luke's glare, their noses touched, and Ashton felt sad. And not just because of Jacob, because of Calum. "I'm sorry. I- I wasn't thinking. I shouldn't have said that."

"No. You're okay," Luke say back down. "Its my fault for being so sensitive."

"No. I mean, I was stupid just to being it up." Ashton sat down next to Luke and gingerly rested his hand on Luke's thigh. "I'm really sorry."

Luke looked up, and tears stung his eyes. "Its fine. In fine."

Ashton sighed. "Really? You're not. And won't be." He paused. "Not until you aren't alone. And Jacob doesn't count. Its been ten months. You need to move on."

"How? With who?"

Ashton had a soft look in his eyes. "I don't know. But love can be deceiving. It can be ironic, exactly where you think it won't be."

"You're right." Luke says. "But how do I know when?"

"I don't know. Maybe it's time for something different. Like... Who do you think you would go out with?"

Luke thought for a minute. "I don't know. The only adults I've ever had any interest for are dead."

Ashton looked sad. "Now that's just wrong. You poor, poor soul."

"So what do I do?"

"I don't know. That depends."

"On what?"

"Your choice."

"So what are my options?"

"Irony, sympathy, stress or depression. What do you choose?"

"I choose..."

My sister suggested that Luke and Ashton are gay and this be a Lashton book. If I can get five comments from different viewers, it will be a Lashton book. Only if they are positive comments tho. Three. Two. One. Go.