Pieces Falling Into Place

*Maybelline's POV*

I took a deep breath and hugged my guitar as I walked through the doors of Big Machine Records. The receptionist waved me by, and told me to go to the 5th room on the right. I was going thought he song I wrote with Taylor yesterday in my head as I rounded the corner.

Someone rounding the corner at the same time plowed into me, and knocked me over. All of my sheet music went flying everywhere.

I bent over and tried to quickly pick it up. I gathered everything, and was just about to rush to the room when the person who knocked me over tapped me on the shoulder.

"I think you might need this." A familiar voice said.

I turned around to find Taylor standing there with the hastily written sheet music for "Tell Me Why" that we concocted yesterday.

"Thanks"

I said nervously, and when I took the papers from her, it became obvious that my hands were shaking.

Taylor frowned and made me look her in the eye.

"Maybelline you are going to be great! You wouldn't be here if Scott didn't think you were talented enough."

She pulled me into a hug, and gave me an encouraging smile before she all but pushed toward the door.

I couldn't help but smile. Being an only child I've never known what it felt like to have an older sister before, but even in the short time I've known her, Taylor somehow got past my walls and became like a sister to me.

I hesitantly opened the door, and I looked back quickly to see Taylor give me a quick thumbs up.

I took a deep breath and smiled at the record executives. They smiled back, and Scott stood up.

"We're so glad you could make it Ms.Perry! I came across some of your videos by a happy accident, and I must say that we were very impressed!"

The other record executives nodded in agreement, and I shook Scott's outstretched hand.

"Thank you all so much! I really appreciate that you took all this time on me! I hope you don't mind if I play you a few songs!"

They all smiled at me, and Scott added "That would be great! We were all just saying how much we wanted to hear you in person!"

I smiled and gratefully accepted the guitar they had ready for me. I strummed it and quickly tuned it.

Then I started to play. The first 3 songs were ones I had written over the past few years.

They seemed to like them, but not over the top. Then I decided to.break out my secret weapon. I wasn't sure if I was ready to play "Tell Me Why" for anyone but Taylor, but I knew that if I really wanted this, I'd have to play it.

I cleared my throat and started to talk as I played the guitar.

"Well I wasn't sure if I was going to play this or not, but This is a song a friend helped me write yesterday when I was going through a tough situation. I hope you like it!"

They all chuckled at the fact that I had wrote it yesterday, by the looks on their faces it didn't look like they were expecting much from it.

I took a deep breath and tried to imagine that it was just Taylor jamming with me.

"I took a chance, I took a shot and you might think i'm bulletproof, but i'm not.

You took a swing, I took it hard