Rest of My Life (Epilogue)

Please read from the beginning if you haven't already.

=============================================

YOUR POV:

You walk down the road cautiously as if it were made of glass. It was a cloudy Sunday afternoon. The temperature was cool enough for you to wear a light jacket.

The path goes uphill, and you close your eyes.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

The scattered small rocks on the floor crackle beneath your shoes. Your pace doesn't quicken or slow down. You clutch a bag in your right hand as if it held your life.

You open your eyes and take a sharp turn, leaving the road and onto a grassy area. The grass was such a deep green color that you wondered if it was fake.

But you knew it wasn't. After all, you've been here again and again before. Too many times to count.

You proceed to walk forward, following the direction you memorized long ago. After several more minutes, you halt to a stop and kneel down. You stare for a moment, then reveal a bouquet of red and white roses. A payback. You carefully laid it down.

Finally, after a while you allow yourself to speak.

"Killua, I'm sorry you did this." You felt a lump form in the back of your throat. "Even though this is a bit different than you expected, I guess this means I'll be with you for the rest of my life as well."

A moment of silence.

You give the grave a pat and left the cemetery until you'll return the next Sunday afternoon as usual. Because that is what you've promised.

================================================================

AAANNNDDDD this story is over! *Gives an evil laugh* If you didn't understand, Y/N was never shot. I planned to make it seem like that in the previous chapter, but Killua actually killed himself. You can read it again and see how he never said he was going to kill Y/N. Hahaha, I'm a genius. And another clarification are the roses and Sunday afternoon. The roses were the same type Killua gave before, so Y/N is kind of paying back the favor. The Sunday afternoon was the day Y/N had promised to visit him every week, but since he's dead she has to visit his grave instead. The "rest of my life" part was also part of the promise and what Killua wanted so badly, so in a way Y/N is keeping her word by going there every week at that time until she dies.

VOTE

COMMENT

01/17/2021 Author's Update:
Wow! It's been over 5 years since I wrote this story. There are a lot of errors, whether grammatical or spelling or just the content of the story that could be greatly improved, but I can't bear to edit the chapters because I would cringe so hard. I kind of wanted to take this story down, but it was hard because 1. I worked really hard on it and 2. A lot of you seem to enjoy it.

To clarify, I wrote this story when I just turned 14. I got multiple questions asking about Y/N's age, and to be honest, I didn't think about that much before. I sort of imagined her as my age at the time? (14) But then again, she lived alone for the beginning of the story, so that's just an inconsistency I didn't think to when I was trying to make the plot more convenient. One of the many errors I guess.

I think your comments are seriously better than the story, haha! You all are so funny and I had a good laugh skimming through many of the comments. Even though a lot of the storyline is crappy to me in so many different ways, I'm extremely happy to read the generally positive feedback. Back then, there were little to no yandere killua stories, so I decided to make my own. Thank you again since you made it to the end, and I sincerely appreciate all of you appreciating my work!