An Offer of Help

Sahara was seething. Terrell, Lithium, Naomi's disappearance, Alegra's situation, but most of all at her own helplessness. She was so sick of it and wanted to help so badly that it hurt.

Why can't I be stronger? The question repeated itself over and over again.

There was no one at the warehouse and she had spent the rest of the day sitting in thought as she tried to come up with a plan. The twins came back that evening, yet seeming to sense her mood they left her to her thoughts. Orion didn't turn up at all as he seemed to stick with his disappearing act.

Comin up with nothing, Sahara ended up going to school the next day. She hated herself for it, but she didn't know what else to do. The Omega's were already there. Aaron looked to be sleeping and Theodore and Glen were arguing while Calvin watched. There was no sign of Paige who seemed to have disappeared along with her Omega status. The teacher wasn't present either, Theodore having chased him off with a string of threats, some swearwords, and a flying shoe.

Sahara barely noticed. She stared into space as she racked her brain for ways she could help in the current situation. Every thought lead to a brick wall. She let out a frustrated sigh. When her bracelet buzzed she shot a glance down, hoping to see Alegra's IHM. It was Terrell. With a snort, Sahara dismissed the call. She wasn't talking to him.

"Trouble in paradise?"

She looked up to see that Calvin stood before her desk.

"She looks kind of mad." Glen popped up next to her. "Interesting..."

Theodore shoved Glen to the side and leaned in. "I've never seen her angry."

Aaron lifted his head from the desk and turned to watch.

"Leave me alone," Sahara muttered. She wasn't in the mood for this.

"She is mad!" Glen announced in triumph.

"What's wrong? Phantom dumped you?" Calvin crossed his hands over his chest.

"It's none of your business," Sahara snapped.

"Ahhh..." Calvin's eyebrows rose.

"So it is Phantom..." Glen cocked his head to his side. "Want me to teach him a lesson?"

Aaron snorted.

"Like you could do that," Theodore snickered. "Surely you're not in a hurry to lose your status right after claiming it back?"

"If it's to defend a lady's honor..." Glen shrugged. His eyes suddenly lit up. "Besides...Alegra might thank me in more ways than one for saving her leader."

"Who's Alegra?" Theodore asked.

"A beautiful rose that graces this city," Glen responded.

"Careful," Calvin warned, "Last time you fell for someone you were de-omegad."

"De-omegad." Glen scoffed. "Did you come up with that yourself?" Not waiting for a reply he turned back to Sahara. "Any way you could set me up on a date with that beautiful rose?" He winked.

"No."

"Awe, come on," came the protest.

"She's gone..." Sahara murmured.

Glen frowned. "Gone where?"

"Lithium..." Sahara turned her head to stare blankly at the door. "She's a princess so they're taking her back."

"A what?" Glen asked.

"So, she's the one Lithium's been making a fuss about," Aaron murmured.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold your horses!" Glen grabbed Sahara's shoulders. "You're saying my rose is royalty?"