the divorce

Madelyn's POV
"So Madelyn why exactly did you wake me up 5 AM in the morning ", Mackenzie pursed her lips and her hands were on her hips.
Just remembering the incident this morning brought tears in my eyes.

" Well Mackenzie your not going to believe this but I woke up extra early today to do yoga as I went down for breakfast I heard shouting from mum and dads room . I put my ear against the door and I heard mum say how she was going to divorce dad because she loved some other man . " I sobbed.

" What in the actual hell is wrong with mum . If she wasn't my mum I would have beat her up with a stick no joke ", Mackenzie screamed.
Now don't mind my sister . It may seem she is rude , angry and snobby but if you look past that she is a heart made up of gold.
" Mackenzie , I just feel sorry for dad . He loves so much and mum just ditches him for another guy . I can not believe this. ", I said.

" Yeah well we can't just let this happen lets think of a plan . Okay no shut up for 5 minutes and we will see what plans we could come with up.
Mackenzie squinted her blue eyes and stood up nice and straight . That's her typical stance whenever she's in deep thought.
Where as I relaxed on Mackenzie's bed thinking of a sweet plan to reunite my parents.

" Five minutes are up Madelyn . What have you thought of ? " , Mackenzie demanded. It wasn't quite a question or a request it was an order but that's just Mackenzie I don't know why but sometimes I wish I was like Mackenzie just free flowing , hyper a big angry tornado , and not insecure but I know I could never be like that because that's just how I am. Anyways I started telling Mackenzie my plans ,
"So I was thinking we could pray to god , five hours straight , we could tell mum that she was wrong and yeah ". To be honest I think my plans were pretty good but Mackenzie just gave me a glare that read are you actually kidding ???.

" Madelyn Tomlinson are you actually kidding ? Honestly , just explaining to mum or praying to God won't fix this problem . Madelyn you need to understand that's not how life works. Plus mum and dad are the best couple and I can't see them break . Also I can't see dad break , he won't stay a minute without mum and also you do reliase if they divorce you and I will have to live with mum and this retarded boyfriend of hers and we will never get to see dad again ", Mackenzie's eyes were red not tearing up but red .
In my sixteen years of living with Mackenzie she had never ever cried.

" So do you have a better plan ?", I asked.

" Um yah Madelyn because now its time to do it Mackenzie style ", she cheered .
I just didn't get how MacKenzie was so angry one minute and now she's smiling again .
Mackenzie grabbed my hand and took me to the kitchen where mum was making pancakes.

" Hey mum . Madelyn and I heard that conversation with dad and we are so excited for your new boyfriend . In fact I would like to meet him now . So we could have a step father and step daughter bonding you know . " , Mackenzie cheered.
She was up to something but I just couldn't figure what it was.
" Oh thanks girls. I thought you would make a huge deal out of it but thanks for understanding . His name is Jim , I am gonna call him to meet you at Starbucks . So you can fetch some coffee on the way ", mum smiled.
Mackenzie gave her a thumbs up and me a wink . i wondered what this girl was up to.