Chapter 9

Akashi POV

I couldn't stop myself from staring at the breathtaking girl who was sitting beside me in the limo. I was resting my elbow on the door with my chin resting on my hand. (Y/N) was looking at the scenery outside. Her eyes were glowing and she was smiling so beautifully that it took my breath away.

'If only she would smile at me like that.'

I froze. What was I thinking? Why would I want her to look at me like that? Is it possible that I-

I shook my head to clear the thought away. I just kept staring at the girl beside me, trying not to smile with her.

It was strange how (Y/N) had a way of doing this to me. I thought I had lost my sincere smile a long time ago....after the death of Mother. But ever since that rainy day when I met her I'm finding it hard refraining myself from smiling. I succeed of course because I have a 'cold hearted Emperor' reputation to keep.

Once we walked into the house I was greeted by one of the maids. I smirk at the maid's shocked face when she gazed at (Y/N) . It was the first time for me to bring a girl on vacation with me, but then again I've never brought a girl home ever.

~TIMESKIPPU~

I grab (Y/N)'s before she went into her designated room. For some odd reason I didn't want her to leave my side yet.

"Did I dismiss you?" I asked in a teasing voice.

"No..." she raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't think so." I smirk and drag her into my room. It wasn't that I was thinking anything dirty, I just wanted her company for a little while longer.

Inside my room I take off my jacket as she just stood in the doorway awkwardly.

'Must be her first time in a guy's room huh. This will be entertaining.'

"W-What do you want with me?" She raises her chin as she looks at me with a defying look.

I smirks yet again because her reaction was kind of cute. Seeing her trying to defy me was priceless also. I motion to the couch by the window. "I wanted to play a game of shogi."

I knew she's never played the game in her life, but I felt like teasing her for a bit.

"Huh?" She looks at me like I've gone insane, and it almost made me laugh. "Why would drag me into your room just to play shogi?"

'Expecting something dirty?' I smirk.

"What were you expecting something more entertaining." I said in a teasingly. She blushes, making her extremely red. It was the most adorable face I've ever seen her make and I wanted to see it more.

"WHAT?!?! NOOO!!" She exclaimed and I couldn't help but chuckle. "Anyway I've never played shogi in my life so why bother." She changes the subject.

"No problem. I'll just teach you." I walk over to the couch and sit down. I had already planned on teaching her so it was no big deal. I take the shogi board out from under the coffee table and start setting it up. While I'm busy doing that (Y/N) sneaks her way over and sits down across from me.

I then start telling (Y/N) the point of the game and how to play. At first she wasn't that great, but after a while she got the hang of it.

To tell the truth she was much better than I thought. It was actually challenging to play with her. Where has this girl been all my life?

LATER

"Hah I win!" The girl in front of me boasts. I was shocked. It was the first time in my life that I've ever lost in a shogi game. And to a beginner at that.

"B-beginners luck." I said crossing my arms. I turned my head to hide my flustered face.

"Ohoow are you a sore loser." She teased.

'Sore loser? Someone actually has the guts to call me a loser?'

"What was that?" I set my cold eyes on her though for some reason I wasn't that mad for being called that, from her anyway.

"N-Nothing, nothing at all." She waves her hands out in surrender. However, I look at her as if I wasn't buying it, and I was about to say something back but a maid came and knocked on the door telling us it was time for dinner.

(Y/N) breathed a sigh of relief which made me want to tease her a little more. So I lean over so my face is beside her's.

"Don't think this is over." I whisper before leaving the room. What I meant was the shogi game, but the face on (Y/N) told me she took it a different way.
_____________

As I sat in my chair at table I thought of all the fun I've had today. I can only imagine all the fun I'm going to have all summer with (Y/N). It had already been decided by (L/N)-san and I the other day that (Y/N) and I would spend the summer together. Actually technically it had been ( L / N )-san's idea that she texted me the day before. I didn't know what she was thinking but I couldn't refuse the thought of having (Y/N) with me that whole time. She somehow brought the best out of me. The gentle me that has been sleeping for so long.

Once (Y/N) walked into the room and sat down I was kind of hurt that she sat so far away. I wanted her to be close to me and only me...so I ordered her to sit next to me.

Man I'm starting to sound possessive. What's wrong with me?

Then the food was served and (Y/N) took a bite. She looked as though she was in heaven. Not that I was staring at her or anything...okay maybe I was. She's different compared to the many people surrounding me. Her smiles are genuine and she's not afraid to speak her mind towards me now.

"Is the food that good?" I ask as she swallows her food.

"Yes! It's delicious!" She exclaimed giving me a genuine close eyed smile.

My heart skipped a beat and then sped up. I could feel the blood rushing into my cheeks telling me I was blushing. I felt this weird fluttering inside my stomach as I looked at (Y/N). I couldn't name these feelings but I thought I had lost them a long ago. Now they were found and it was all thanks to (L/N) (Y/N).
__________________

A/N: here's the next chapter for you! I hope I didn't make Akashi too OOC for you. I'm trying to do better at portraying his character but as you can tell I'm not doing the best. I do more of a cute personality sadly. But whatevs such is life.

I hope you enjoyed it. Look forward to the next chapter!

Ja ne minna-san!