Her Name May Be Kat But She Barks

I get a 'hey' from the girl next to me. D68. She seems really nice. Her hair is red and she has blue eyes. She's dressed fairly well, but she doesn't seem like someone I'd be friends with.

I wonder if she saw Declan bring me in. What does she think of him? Does she know about his parents - probably not. I feel like no one knows about who they really are.

"Hey, I'm Rachel." The red head says.

"I'm Kiara." I say with a smile.

"So, you know Declan? He's.....nice. What do you have 1st period.?"

"Yeah, he's my neighbor. And I have..." I took out my schedual and looked, "Phys. Ed."

"Me too." She said smileing, dissmissing the fact that I said Declan was my neighbor. I feel like she hates him - that she thinks he's not...nice.

"Cool." I say as I close my locker door and head to home room.

My homeroom is 1816 - Mrs. Jones. She was pretty, she seemed like she was too young to teach though. She taught science. Rachel's in my homeroom....so is Declan. I just saw him walk in. Everyone stared at him as he entered the room. What's so eye catching about Declan Brocious? Pft, everything. No Kiara, shut up. Declan doesn't mean anything to me. He's just a boy - a boy who opened up his heart to me.

Goddamn it Kiara, stop.

My inner voice was a bitch sometimes - but it was right. Stop, Declan isn't your friend.

"Hey Kiara, what do you have next.?" Declan said as he was walking up to me.

"She has gym....with me." Rachel hissed at him, she definatley hates him.

"And every child across the world smiles - that's what I have next."

"That's just great" she says sarcasticlly. The tension between them is crazy. They hate eachothers guts.

When I get to gym and walk into the locker room I realize I forgot gym clothes.

"Shit!" I hope the teacher didn't hear me.

"Make sure you bring clothes wednesday!" She yells to every girl in the room, "You won't need any today." Praise the lord. Wait - what are we doing then?

"So I saw this new girl walking in with MY boyfriend. I don't know who she thinks she is, but she better keep her hands OFF of him" one girl infront of me says as we walk into the gym.

"What did she look like?" Her friend asks.

"I don't fucking-"

"Kat...Language..." The teacher says.

"Sorry!.........I don't FUDGING know."

"Hey, so you wanna be my partner?" Rachel says.

"Wait, what?"

"Mrs. Gable always makes us pair up with someone else, wanna be my partner?"

"Yeah....sure." I say not really paying attention to what she said. What is the girl infront of me saying!?

"Oh..............that's Kat Knowles, she's..............dating Declan."

"She saw me and Declan this morning." Her name is Kat. Kat Knowles. What the fuck kind of name is.....Kat? Meow meow?

He's....hers.? She seems like a bitch. I don't care though - I don't like Declan, he's just a friend. He's not even a friend - he's my neighbor.

"Rachel, could you maybe...be someone elses partner. I'm GOING to be Kats."

"Uh....." I didn't let her finish.

"Okay class, pair up with someone." Mrs. Gable said.

I ran up to Kat and intertwined my arm in hers. "Hi, I'm Kiara, let's be partners." I gave her no choice. I saw Rachel paired up with someone she seemed pretty close to. She had brown hair with blonde highlights. She wore glasses that were blue.

"Uhm, okay. Megan...sorry" she said bitchily to who I assumed to be her friend. This is just bitchtastic! Isn't it!?

"Sorry, I just don't know anyone here. I'm new and you seemed rea-"

"YOU'RE the new girl.?" I knew she was angry.

"Yeah, you seemed really nice - well you look nice so I thought...'Why not her?' "

"That's great." She said not opening her mouth with a fake smile on her face.

We were playing basket ball. The male teacher put me and Kat with a pair of boys. One of those boys just happened to be Declan. The other boy was someone tall with dark brown hair - he was wearing one color, red. I think he's in my homeroom.

"Oh hey Declan." Kat said as she gave him a hug.

"Hey babe." Babe? BABE!? "You met Kiara?"

"Yeah, I did." She replied to Declan. "Oh sorry, I'm Kat.....Declans.....Girlfriend" Those last two words 'Declans Girlfriend' she said again without opening her mouth. She really did seem nice. If a fucking possesive whore is the definition of nice.

"You never told me you had a girlfriend." I said to him.

"That's cause it didn't seem that important."