He Found Relief Through Her Eyes

*Kiara*

He was all bloody. Because Rachel punched him. Not Megan. Rachel. So, Megan had a crush on Declan, what the hell? I like Dec.....ks of cards. I texted rachel and asked her if she wanted to come hang for a while and she said she could. With all of these emotions - and on the first day - I don't really know what to do.

"Hey are you okay still?" She asks as soon as we got up to my room.

"Rtachel, I was never okay. I never wanted to move here. Now I feel like I got attatched to this Declan guy - who I barley even know. Nothing just makes sense."

"Its alright, if it helps I've liked the same guy for a year and I've never had the courage to talk to him once."

"Yeah, but rachel, this is different. You actually know him. I know nothing about Declan. Except for the fact that.....his......" I trail off knowing I shouldn't be revealing anything that isn't mine to tell.

"His...what?"

"See, I feel like I know him because he told me this secret of his and its not even that big of a deal." Why did I say its not a big deal? It is a big deal!

"Then tell me." I knew she'd say that. Goddamn it.

"He goes to a therapist each month." I had to lie.

"Why?' She said disgustingly.

"I don't know, he just told me one day."

"We should go do something." Rachel suggested.

'Yeah, okay."

*Declan*

On my walk home I just couldn't stop thinking about that girl. Her hair had a silky look to it. It just flowed threw the wind like it was its destiny - or some other poetic shit. Her freckles shown in the sunlight. The presense of her made me shiver. But it never used to.

Dinner is getting awkward.

"Declan, why aren't you eating your food?" I didn't feel like eating.

"I'm not hungry mom."

"Goddamn you declan. I made your fucking favorite dinner and this is what you do." My dad yells as he slaps me across my face. The ass hole probably went broke and can't pay any bills because he spent all our money on crack.

"Steven!" Tears swelled up in my eyes as my mom and dad faught.

"What Alice!? This kid doesn't appreciate ANYTHING we do for him!"

"That doesn't mean you have to slap him around!" She gets up and grabs her purse. "Sometimes I regret ever marrying you steven." She left. She left with her cluch. We all know what that means. Sometimes I just wanna ask my mom how she sells herself without feeling any regret about THAT.

I went up to my room. I wasn't even worried about my face. I got punched and hit - what's next? Oh yeah, love coming at me like a freight train. All I can think about is her. My face swells up - its just my heat pumping more blood to my cheeks than normal because of her. Tears stream down my face - its because she put them there.

What am I saying!? She didnt make me cry. My ass of a father did. I wonder if Kat's crying. Did I make her cry when I so rudlely broke-up with her? Why do I even care? I have Kiara in my sights now and that's all that matters.