#3 BLOOMING FRIENDSHIP

"Friendship is a golden chain,
The links are friends so dear,
And like a rare and precious jewel
It's treasured more each year.."
-Helen Steiner Rice

Vacation flew away in a span of one month. Shafna returned back to the hostel. One evening, as usual Shafna was having a chat with her friends in her room.

Mini,"Hey girls, its such a boring life in a girls college. Don't you think so?"

Sheena," Right. We agree."

Reshma," Shall we plan for a strike until they change our college into a co-ed college? "

Girls blasted out with laughter.

Priya,"We have to think for a better idea"

Shafna, " Girls, just now I remember. I have got a contact number of a guy"

Ramya," Who is that guy?"

Shafna, " You girls know my friend Hudson right?"

Mini," Of course. Your friend Joanna's boyfriend "

Ramya," Ex boyfriend "

Shafna, " Yes. He called me when I was in home during the holidays. He gave this number to contact him. But I totally forgot it"

Reshma," Then call him now from my mobile. But under one condition.. "

Priya," condition? "

Reshma, "Yep.. She should give intro to his friends. So that we can have some time pass."

All girls accepted her condition.. Shafna couldn't deny it. For her friends happiness she said yes. But she was not sure how to ask him to give intro. Won't he think bad about her.

Still she called him.That was his friend's number. He informed Hudson about the call from a girl. He called back again to the number she called from.

Shafna was encircled by her friends.

Hudson, " Hey Shafna.. How are you? You came to hostel? "

Shafna, " Yes. I'm in the hostel and I'm better fine. What about you? "

Hudson, " I'm fine too."

Shafna could hear some boys giggling near him and saying something in husky voice.

They had some formal conversation. Since it was the first day, she couldn't ask him what her friends asked. She assured them to do it the next day.

Next day through phone,

Hudson, " So what's up? Is it boring in hostel?"

Shafna, " Yeah.. Like hell"

Hudson, "I need to ask you a favor if you don't mistake me"