#4 DISTANT CLOSENESS

Shafna and her friends became so close to Hudson and his friends. They liked the time spent together which was full of laughter and fun filled.

Sheena, Shafna's friend was attached to Hudson than with others. And it was so visible but she never cared about it.

Once Shafna was talking to Hudson's friends through phone

Shiva,"I have set my doubtful eyes on Sheena.. Her sweet talk and approach towards Hudson doesn't seem right.."

Shafna, "Detective sir, what's your problem with that?"

Shiva,"Not at all a problem to me. What about you? " He teased her.

Shafna, " What about me? Both are my good friends. If they like each other, sure I'll support them."

Shiva," But we won't support them. As far as possible, we will try our best to cut off their relationship "

Shafna, " Oh man.. You are talking like a villain.."

Shiva, " If that is you instead of her, we will support you both "

Shafna, "Shut up Shiva. You are always playful"

She put an end to this conversation and diverted her talk.. According to her, Hudson was just her good friend and nothing beyond that. She never even given a thought about that.

That weekend they planned for a day out. They met in a hotel for lunch. They took random seats around the table. As usual, Sheena tried to pick the place near Hudson.

This one and through all their past meetings, not even once Hudson took the place near Shafna. She didn't know whether he purposely avoided it or it just happened.

He usually spent most of the time with her friends than with her. She too never cared about it. But it was just opposite when they talked through phone. They were close-grained and compacted to each other.

Siruvani waterfalls which was nearly 35km from the city of Coimbatore. It was located in the Western Ghats. It was a good picnic spot with a beautiful falls and pools. To reach the falls, we have to take a walk of nearly 2 kms within the forest.

The boys gang had been there often, so they planned to take the girls along with them this time. While they were walking towards the falls, they just had fun, kidding each other and laughing out loud.

Near the falls, there was a small pool of water. Shafna was mesmerized by the place's mighty looks and the melodious tone formed by the waterfalls.

They sat around the pool and had a chat. It was her friend Priya's birthday. The guys surprisingly planned to cut the cake for her. John placed the cake over a stone near the pool.

Priya cut the cake and friends lumped together sang Happy birthday song to her and gave cake and wished her. Someone started the naughty cake facial like at any cake cutting function.

Some started running behind others to paint the cake on their face. Some were trying to gallop and escape from the cake paint. Somehow Shafna slipped away from everyone.

She was trying to get into the pool to escape. Suddenly two hands from her back caught hold of her from running. And she heard her friends shouting," Don't leave her.. Spread the cream.."

She felt that person holding her tightly from her back side. She couldn't see his face. This was the first time she was standing so close to someone.

Those strong hands coated her face with the cream. And her face was full of cream, she heard the guy laughing and the others joined him. She turned to see and that guy was Hudson.

She swiped the cream from her face and went near him. Before he could realize, she coated the cream over his face..

They had a very good time together. They enjoyed the day. After returning to the hostel, they couldn't stop talking about the day..

Ramya, " The cake moment was hilarious "

Priya," Did you all see what Hudson did? His aim was only Shafna. "

Shafna, " Because I was the one eloped.."

Reshma, "OK we will leave that. But what about that happened before this?"

Sheena in distress,"What happened before that?"

Mini," When we were on the way walking to the falls, we held a test.."

Shafna, "Test?"

Reshma, " Actually we didn't plan it. You were walking some few feet's ahead of us. We called you to tell you something. You didn't turn. But you know who turned for your name?"

Girls answered together, "HUDSON"

Shafna, "May be , some coincidence"

Priya," After that only we decided to test you both"

Ramya," So the next time we called his name.."

Reshma, "As expected, he didn't turn but it was you who turned to look at us"

Shafna didn't realise that all these things were happening around her. Her friends were kidding her and giggling sitting next to her. She just felt irritated.

For the next holidays, they planned to go together in bus. Sheena and Shafna was sitting on one side, back to them sat Hudson and Deepak. Opposite to them Mini and Ramya and to their back John and Shiva.

The whole night Hudson and Shafna was talking throughout the travel. Sheena and Deepak slept in half way.

Hudson, "Let's talk something interesting"

Shafna, "Hmmm. What to talk?"

Hudson, " OK let me ask some questions and you have to answer "

Shafna, "Fine. Ask some easy questions"

Hudson, " Consider this situation. There were two guys in love with you. One is very rich and handsome. His love is a decent one. Other guy is little poor and not even decent. But his love is like he will make the world upside down for you. Whom will you say yes?"

Shafna, " I'll say no to both.."

Hudson, "Why?"

Shafna, " I think the pain once I felt is enough. I don't want to get cheated by some guy again. I lost the belief in love. I don't trust anyone anymore. "

Few drops of tears made a way through her cheeks..

Hudson, "I'm sorry Shafna. Don't cry. You will get a guy who will treasure you. You're a caring, friendly girl. I have never seen you get angry on anyone. You are so understanding. I don't know what that fool Hari needed from a girl. How could he leave you?? I just don't understand"

Shafna was still weeping.. She was wondering how she was going to come out of the hell. She wished her life to be like a happy journey.. She was thinking whether she could love another guy in her life.. She was not yet ready for a new guy...

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hi everyone...

Hope u like my book.. This is a journey of love..

Do u like my characters Hudson and Shafna??

What is Hudson's thought about Shafna?? Is she just his friend??

Please do vote and leave your comments. Your precious votes and comments will be really helpful and encouraging..